TERMS OF REFERENCE
WEST BANK- oPt
Alianza por la Solidaridad (Alianza) is a Spanish NGO existing since more than 30 years and present in the Middle East since 1993. From 2009 till now it has developed a process of sectorial and geographical targeting for its interventions, which has meant the prioritization of women’s rights and gender equality. Alianza in the Middle East works within three main lines of action:
- Prevention and response for Gender Based Violence, individual and community approach.
- Women´s economic empowerment.
- Women´s participation and active citizenship.
Alianza maintains stable local partners with whom it works in a sustained manner and deepening not the relations and regular contacts through the office in the field, but a fluid communication and analysis of the changes caused by the protracted conflict-related crisis and humanitarian situation in Palestine. Engaging men is a key piece to achieve meaningful results in gender equality, therefore, since 2017, there is a progressive work on implementing a new masculinities approach with community members and with CBOs, partners and other key actors. Alianza cooperates closely with its partners and support their work in a manner that represent Alianza and the partners values. Alianza has extensive experience and expertise on women´s rights and there is a high degree of knowledge about the environment and the unique relation with the population, civil society organizations, other humanitarian actors and local public entities.
Alianza por la Solidaridad is member of Action Aid since June 2018. Both entities share the idea that when people become aware that their future is in their hands and organize to challenge power structures and contribute to improving and changing institutions, changes can succeed. These changes should take place on a global scale in order to generate maximum impact, and they should be rooted in the political values of solidarity and internationalism. In addition, for Action Aid and Alianza, social justice, gender equality and climate justice are achieved through individual and collective actions that actively change inequitable and unjust power relationships, either hidden, visible, or invisible, from the home to local, national, and international spaces. The empowerment of people that live in poverty and marginalization, and of women and youth is a crucial part of creating these changes. Collective efforts and fights are stronger when they are bound together through solidarity, campaigns and common causes between communities, organizations, social movements and other allies to influence local and global institutions and public policies.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Alianza is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. Alianza expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The admin assistant will support the admin and financial processes of the office and will support the economic follow up of the projects that Alianza is implementing with the local partners in oPt.
The position reports directly to the Regional Financial Coordinator and the Head of Mission.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The admin assistant is expected to engage on the following tasks:
- Coordinating and arranging events, trips and workshops with ApS team and the partners
- Supporting in the organization and logistics related to the different project activities
Finance / Administration
- Supporting every financial activity of all the interventions
- Supporting the implementing partners to ensure the harmonization of the financial reporting and administrative procedures, as well as ensuring transparency and legality.
- Prepare the documentation for financial justification of projects to each donor, on a quarterly basis in collaboration with partners, according to the rules of different donors
- Supporting in the financial reports and financial statements for all the project activities.
- Supporting in financial and administrative documentation of support.
- Supporting in financial information on activities in a transparent and concise manner.
- Monitoring payroll payments and other associated expense payments.
- Responsible for sub-grant documents include final agreements, modifications, all related attachments, and important communications.
- Supporting partners in preparing financial reports when needed.
- Support the Annual Audits of the offices and projects
- Coordinating and facilitating the purchase process of goods and services when needed.
- Review payment vouchers and budget allocation for the respective payment to suppliers.
- Translating documents, formal letters, MOUs and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Manage the organization of the information (documents) supporting the projects in their corresponding archives.
- Scanning and sending scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the coordination office, finance contracts and daily administration work
- Photocopying, notarising and scanning all required documentation related to the projects.
- Supporting in conduct data input on the Management Information Systems (MIS) system and ensure that all Project data inputted are up-to-date.
- Supporting in making requests for transfers and payment orders internationally and locally
- Preparing the needed records for daily financial transaction when required
- Participating in capacity building and needs assessment for partners.
- Maintaining the Petty cash related to the Project or any other advances payments, transportations of the projects during the workshops.
- Participating in conducting financial and logistic procurement trainings and follow up training for partners and ApS staff.
- Preparing the needed records for daily financial transaction when required.
- Preparing consultancy/training contracts using the standard templates.
- Responsible for stamping the payments.
- Compile bank statements and transfers certifications from ApS office and partners for reporting to donors or internal reporting.
- Compile expenditure documents from ApS office and partners for reporting to donors or internal reporting.
- Review the documents and make sure they comply with different donor criteria for project financial reporting and make sure the documents match the report that the Project Coordinator has prepared and previously given to the Admin-Assistant.
- Provide the partners and ApS Administrator with indications about possible deficiencies in the documentation.
- Preparation of final financial justification reports (including information and documentation of all expenses, transfers, contracts, payrolls, ... made by each of the partners and APS) in collaboration with the partners and in accordance with the regulations of each donor.
- Prepare the report back up documents for shipment to Spain according to established model/list.
- Filing the supporting documents in the ApS office according to the established template.
- Monitoring of the projects' cash flow (activity values, external services, etc.).
- Issuing letters to the bank for payment of supplier and tax payments (VAT, income tax, customs duties).
- Keeping track of payment vouchers and invoices
- Administrative management of service providers
- Perform other Administrative duties as required by the direct supervisor and the Head of Mission.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture of teamwork, open and participative in the office of ApS and the Members
IN ADDITION, HE/SHE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER TASKS THAT MAY BE ENTRUSTED TO HIM/HER BY THE DIRECT SUPERVISOR.
Security and Code of Conduct
- Apply and adhere to the internal regulations in Alianza office in Palestine, including safety regulations.
- Respect Alianza’s code of conduct for the office
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in administration, economics, accounting, business or any other related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with INGOs in a similar position in the admin. sector and economic follow-up.
- Proved experience in administrative activities, acquisition, purchase process and supporting in financial activities.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and rigid timeframes in difficult circumstances.
- Creative, innovative, decision making, communication and other public relations skills.
- Conflict sensitive approach
- Ability to develop relationships with a variety of different people and organizations.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues.
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Knowledge of Hebrew is an asset
- Availability to travel, frequent travels to West Bank are required
- Process facilitation skills, negotiation, influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
CONTRACT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
APS will provide a Labor Contract under the category admin assistant within a gross month salary of 4.200 NIS to 5.500 NIS, according to the candidate’s experience.
Place of work is APS’s Jerusalem office but regular travels to the West Bank and Gaza can be expected. Costs of trips to Gaza and West Bank are covered by APS according to the organization standards.
Estimated duration of the contract is 11 months, with 3 month probation period and great possibilities of extension.
The admin assistant will apply and adhere to the internal regulations in Alianza office,
including safety regulations. At the same time, the s/he will respect Alianza’s code of conduct.
المسمى الوظيفي Admin Assistant PROJECTS
آخر موعد للتقديم 03 - Feb - 2022
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
HOW TO APPLY
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) CV (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] no later than Thursday, 3th of February, 2022 at 11:59 PM local time in Palestine and include the “Admin assistant projects” in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Alianza por la Solidaridad
Employability and Entrepreneurship Officer
Admin Assistant OFFICE
7, Apr, 2021
Masculinities Capacity Building Officer
14, Jan, 2021
11, Jan, 2021
28, Jan, 2019
Local Administrator Assistant
25, Nov, 2015