Alianza por la Solidaridad (ApS) is a Spanish NGO existing since more than 30 years and present in the Middle East since 1993. Since 2009 it has developed a process of sectorial and geographical targeting for its interventions, which meant the prioritization of women’s rights and gender equality. Alianza por la Solidaridad (ApS) in the Middle East works within three main lines of action:
- Prevention and response for Gender Based Violence, individual and community approach.
- Women´s economic empowerment.
- Women´s participation and active citizenship.
ApS maintains stable local partners with whom it works in a sustained manner and deepening not the relations and regular contacts through the office in the field, but a fluid communication and analysis of the changes caused by the protracted conflict-related crisis and humanitarian situation in Palestine. Engaging men is a key piece to achieve meaningful results in gender equality, therefore, since 2017 there is a progressive work on implementing a new masculinities approach with community members and with CBOs, partners and other key actors. Alianza works closely with its partners and support their work in a manner that represent Alianza and the partners values. ApS has extensive experience and expertise on women´s rights and there is a high degree of knowledge about the environment and only relation with the population, civil society organizations, other humanitarian actors and local public entities. Alianza por la Solidaridad is member of Action Aid since Jun 2018.
Action Aid and Alianza share the idea that when people become aware that their future is in their hands and when they organize to challenge power structures and contribute to the betterment and changing of institutions, changes can succeed. These changes should take place on a global scale in order to generate maximum impact, and they should be rooted in the political values of solidarity and internationalism. In addition, for Action Aid and Alianza, Social justice, gender equality, and climate justice succeed through individual and collective actions that actively change inequitable and unjust power relationships, either hidden, visible, or invisible, from the home to local, national, and international spaces. The empowerment of people that live in poverty and marginalization, and of women and youth is a crucial part of creating these changes. Collective efforts and fights are stronger when they are bound together through solidarity, campaigns, and common causes between communities, organizations, and social movements and other allies to influence local and global institutions and public policy.
The admin assistant officer will support in Support the efficiency and transparency in the management cycle of interventions and ApS office, according to the regulations of the donors and ApS standards and tools.
The admin assistant will support the admin and financial processes of the office and will support the economic follow up of the projects that Alianza is implementing with the local partners in oPt.
The position reports directly to the Regional Financial Coordinator and the Head of Mission.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The admin assistant is expected to engage on the following tasks:
Finance / Administration
- Support the accounting process of the office as requested
- Support the Annual Audits of the offices and projects
- Responsibility of maintenance services of the internet connections, network, computers, and other IT equipment owned by ApS office.
- Coordinating and facilitating the purchase process of goods and services needed.
- Review payment vouchers and budget allocation for the respective payment to suppliers.
- Conduct an inventory of physical assets and control them.
- Support the preparation of financial information for the Annual Report in front of the national authorities
- Translation of office documentation Arabic into English and viceversa
- Ensuring HHRR files are up to date
- Ensure the update of administrative and finance filing and contact list.
Project cycle management of ApS interventions
- Prepare the documentation for financial justification of projects to each donor, on a quarterly basis in collaboration with partners, according to the rules of different donors:
- Compile bank statements and transfers certifications from ApS office and partners for reporting to donors or internal reporting.
- Compile expenditure documents from ApS office and partners for reporting to donors or internal reporting.
- Review the documents and make sure they comply with different donor criteria for project financial reporting and make sure the documents match the report that the Project Coordinator has prepared and previously given to the Admin-Assistant.
- Provide the partners and ApS Administrator with indications about possible deficiencies in the received documentation.
- Prepare documents for legalization in the Spanish consulate.
- Receive and archive in ApS office the certified documents from the Spanish consulate.
- Prepare the report back up documents for shipment to Spain according to established model/list.
- Prepare and coordinate shipments.
- Archive reports back up documents in ApS office according to established model.
- Coordinating and arranging events, trips and workshops with ApS team and the partners
- Issuing and renewing Visas for the staff and the partners
- Follow up registration´s renewal and updates with the different governmental ministries
- Control and follow up on the office vehicle´s maintenance
- Acquisition of equipments and office stationery and supplies
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipments
- Implement and enforce safety standards and criteria for office
- Perform other Administrative duties as required by the direct supervisor and the Head of Mission.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture of teamwork, open and participative in the office of ApS and the Members
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
CONTRACT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
APS will provide a Labor Contract under the category admin assistant within salary scale of ApS. Place of work is APS’s Jerusalem office but regular travels to the West Bank and Gaza can be expected. Costs of trips to Gaza and West Bank are covered by APS according to the organization standards.
Estimated duration of the contract is 12 months, with 3 month probation period.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
ApS is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. ApS expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.