Project officer for DVV International – full time
About DVV International
DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association (in German: Institut für Internationale Zusammenarbeit des Deutschen Volkshochschulverbandes). The Association is the umbrella organisation of around 1000 community based adult education centers in Germany. It's Institute for International Cooperation DVV International facilitates international exchange and provides expertise in the field of non-formal youth and adult education worldwide. DVV International embraces non-formal youth and adult education as an essential pillar of lifelong learning and as an effective instrument to reduce poverty and unemployment and to contribute to sustainable development.
Coordinated by its Regional Office for the Middle East in Amman (established in 2010) DVV International supports non-formal adult education and lifelong learning through providing expertise in policy development, building the capacity of adult education institutions and training of adult educators DVV International cooperates with Ministries, education institutions and non-governmental organisations.
In 2012, DVV International opened an office in Ramallah to implement its program in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, which aims at creating viable institutions for adult education that can help people step out of poverty.
The Project Officer will be based in Ramallah and work under direct supervision of the Country Director for Palestine. Duties and responsibilities of him/her include the following:
- Participating in the design of educational activities, in monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensuring the timely implementation of the educational activities
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Identifying windows of opportunity to further develop DVV International work
- Liaising with stakeholders and actors involved in the planning and implementation of the projects
- PR (Newsletter and Adult education events)
- Preparing quarterly progress reports, annual reports and annual plan
Professional knowledge and experience
- Degree – preferably in management, social sciences or education
- At least three years of work experience in managing international projects (preferably EU funded initiatives), esp. in the education sector and in capacity building
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in either community mobilisation or organisational development
- knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
Skills and competencies
- The ideal candidate would be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach,
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures
- Self motivated
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of German is an asset
Employment is for 100% , one year, intended to start in 1st of March 2017, renewable contract
Remuneration will be based on average wages and benefits in the Palestinian Territories.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English by 7th December, 2016 to:
Title Project Officer. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in Ramallah on 19th + 20th December, 2016.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
DVV International/ Ramallah office
Lutheran Church Street, Building # 10 - G01
dvv international ME