Overview of AWDA
AWDA is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan , " Health-Protection-Empowerment ". AWDA is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF :
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The staff will be employed by AWDA and is assigned to MSF Limb reconstructive surgery project in Al Awda hospital according the partnership between AWDA and MSF.
Operating, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting the Water Hygiene Sanitation (Watsan) facility and its processes, according to hygiene and sanitation standards and MSF protocols, in order to ensure a proper functioning of Watsan activities to improve the health conditions of the target population
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Technical Diploma in water and sanitation / Mechanical / Mechatronics or equivalent
• 2 years of experience as a plumber and water treatment systems.
• 2 years of experience with NGO will be appreciated
• English B1 will be appreciated
- Performing the Watsan day-to-day activities such as collecting and sorting wastes before disposal, keeping the incinerator in good working order, ensuring the cleaning and correct hygiene status of the latrines, cleaning the water storage and treatment tanks, etc.
- Knowing and applying security and hygiene standards regarding the operation of WHS infrastructure, taking care of his/her own safety.
- Informing the line manager and/or technical adviser of any incidents that might compromise his/her (or that of others) safety or security.
- Ensuring the availability and correct usage of all material and equipment.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption
- Informing the Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility;
- Assisting the Supervisor in Watsan data collection (waste quantity production, water consumption, etc…)
- Carry out any other tasks requested by the Logistics Department
- Operating and maintaining water networks and associated equipment.
- Determine the department's needs for spare parts needed to maintain water networks and ensure sufficient stock.
Responsibilities towards MSF
- Commitment to MSF: Availability for emergencies
- General knowledge of MSF:
- Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning, structure and values (charter).
- Is aware of MSF objectives and activities in general and in the working context.
- Participates actively in meetings and trainings.
- Security: NA
- Cooperation with other departments: Is aware of activities of other departments and respect specific rules and procedures
- Information source: Interprets conversation when necessary
تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط: https://forms.gle/8GfWuXnM3Qo8UReSA
ينتهي تقديم الطلبات بتاريخ 18/01/2023 الساعة 16:00