Overview of AWDA
AWDA is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan , " Health-Protection-Empowerment ". AWDA is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF
The staff will be employed by AWDA and is assigned to MSF Limb reconstructive surgery project in Al Awda hospital according the partnership between AWDA and MSF.
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical):
Medical Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional):
Medical Activities Manager
Anaesthesia Nurse, Anaesthesia Technician
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols, and universal safety and hygiene standards, working in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff. Increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Perform timely pre-operative anaesthesia consultations evaluating the risks of operation collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Select the appropriate anaesthetic technique according to the needs of the patient and the type of surgery being performed (including EMONO and peripheral nerve blocks where indicated)
- Carry out all anaesthesia related activities in the OT to ensure safe, appropriate anaesthesia.
- Preparation of drugs, material, and equipment required, and completion of the anaesthesia safety checklist before the case
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention, and documenting appropriately
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and transfer to the IPD only after all recovery room discharge criteria are met. Supervise the documentation in the recovery room, and the setting of a post-operative analgesic protocol.
- Advise on postoperative care in IPD in close collaboration with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care, chest physiotherapy, and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief throughout their admission
- Implement and supervise IPC rules (including hand hygiene and appropriate use of PPE), procedures, and MSF protocols in OT/recovery and for anaesthesia materials (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained.
- Ensure that OT and EMONO equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation equipment, etc) are in good function, and that preventative maintenance carried out in a timely and appropriate fashion.
Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to IPD and OPD requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.).
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documentation (filling in patients files, forms, statistics, databases, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-making.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Adapt all aspects of pre-operative assessment, selection and provision of anaesthesia, and recovery room and post-operative monitoring to ensure safe, appropriate care for paediatric patients
- Monitor the OT medical stocks/supplies in close collaboration with OT NTS ensuring proper pharmacy stock management of drugs and medical consumables, paying special attention to the management and documentation of narcotics.
- Provide consultations and ongoing follow-up of OPD patients with severe or chronic pain, encouraging multidisciplinary management including mental health and physiotherapy. Coordinate with OPD supervisor to plan pain clinics in coordination with the MAM and NAM. Maintain the pain database.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential: medical degree recognized by the state; post-graduate anesthesia training, recognized by the state; current medical license.
Desirable: two years’ minimum and 5 years’ maximum working experience as an anesthetist; experience providing anesthetic and post-operative care to pediatric patients.
Experience having worked in MSF or another NGO’s an asset.
Experience working with multi-cultural team desirable.
Essential: English B2
Teamwork, flexibilty, stress management, people management, results .
تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط: https://forms.gle/YRbD8hE7N9tzgTFi7
ينتهي تقديم الطلبات بتاريخ 04/03/2023 الساعة 16:00