Overview of AWDA
AWDA is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan, " Health-Protection-Empowerment ". AWDA is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The staff will be employed by AWDA and is assigned to MSF Limb reconstructive surgery project in Al Awda hospital according the partnership between AWDA and MSF.
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical):
Mental Health Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional):
Mental Health Activity Manager
Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- In collaboration and under the supervision of the Mental Health Activity Manager, participate in the planning, implementation and coordination of Mental Health Activities (trainings, individual and group interventions) inside the health facilities where MSF is currently working.
- In collaboration with the MHAM, review, adjust and implement mental health protocols related tp the medical treatment of patients and management of other psychological problems.
- Participate in the clinical supervison of mental health team in collaboration with the MHAM
- Coordinate with the different departments in the health facilities a multidiciplinary approach for patients’ treatments.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services
- Support the team of psychologist and counsellos on the proper registration of information of clinical files. Ensure the patients related information are kept confidential
- In close coordination with the HR department and the MHAM, participate in the induction process of new staff, explaining protocols, data collection tools and providing trainings.
- Provide training for medical, non-medical, and mental health team with topics related to mental health and psychosocial support.
- Provide live, individual and group clinical supervision according to the MSF mental health and psychosocial support guidelines, protocols and principles.
- Support Mental Health Referral pathway between medical, non-medical, & mental health team in AAH & IC
- Support amputee committee with training for peer support, and with sessions for group members
Organize all activities that related to psychiatrist (sessions & psychotropic request from pharmacy)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in Psychology or Medical/ Paramedical Degree with High Diploma in Mental Health is essential
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with clinical work (psychotherapy or counselling) related to Mental Health
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in managing team is an asset
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic
- People Management
- Communication Skills
تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط: https://forms.gle/z9GPq1WtQZHjeFEaA
ينتهي تقديم الطلبات بتاريخ 02/02/2023 الساعة 16:00