PSYCHOLOGIST - Daily worker contract
Overview of AWDA
AWDA is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan , " Health-Protection-Empowerment ". AWDA is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF :
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The staff will be employed by AWDA and is assigned to MSF Limb reconstructive surgery project in Al Awda hospital according the partnership between AWDA and MSF.
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Provide psychosocial support in a residential and ambulatory medical setting
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and Child Protection protocols, identifying possible victims of SGBV or child abuse and referring them so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Taking part in multidisciplinary meetings, clinical supervision sessions and training.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
MSF Belgium has been running a surgical project in Al-Awada Hospital since 2018, and MSF Spain psycho-social support unit is integrated in IDP and OPD providing patients with different MHPSS interventions.
The psychologist is expected to:
- Be part of the MHPSS team, participating in daily activities, including meetings and supervisions
- Take part in multidisciplinary team meeting, being able to take part in English discussions.
- Conduct psychological assessments and follow ups to patients’ adults and children inside MSF program
- Identify and refer social, medical needs including psychiatric care needs to respective departments and actors
- Participate in multidisciplinary approach of patients, including the implementation of different protocols and work teams, such as pain management and pre-op assessments.
- Lead different psycho-social activities in compliance with the MHPSS MSF guidelines.
- Fill clinical files following MSF Data Collection guidelines and delivering weekly reports of activities.
- Facilitate trainings to medical Staff
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential master’s degree or High diploma in clinical psychology or Mental Health
· Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
· Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s
· Desirable experience with working both with adults and children.
· Experience with interdisciplinary team is an asset
- Expertise on chronic pain management and trauma is an asset
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· Results and Quality Orientation L2
· Teamwork and Cooperation L2
· Behavioural Flexibility L2
· Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط : https://forms.gle/TAhikQswZqyuLCct9
- ينتهي تقديم الطلبات بتاريخ 26/07/2023 الساعة 16:00