“Project for Technical Assistance in Solid Waste Management in Palestine Phase-III (CDSWMP-III)” is the technical cooperation project organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for supporting capacity development of Ministry of Local Government (MoLG) and relevant authority in solid waste management policies, standards, guidelines and plans which will be applied across Joint Service Councils (JSCs) in the West Bank and all over Palestine.
In the Project, JSCs are targeted for capacity strengthening program to equalize the level of SWM services by JSCs in Palestine. It consists of trainings and supporting activities on the ground such as improvements on waste collection and transportation, laws/bylaw, public awareness, etc.
Objectives & Scope of Work:
See annex “Job Description”
Level of Effort & Contract duration
The level of effort required under this assignment is 5 working days per week, 7 hours per day, over time and holiday work may be required. The expected duration of the assignment is one year renewable according to the business needs and applied Palestinian Labor Law.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The candidate must meet the following qualifications as minimum:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science, or Civil Engineering with Master in Environmental management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of environmental management working with governmental sector, local and international NGO’s
- Good Knowledge of environmental laws, guidelines, regulations and standards followed in Palestine
Good Knowledge of solid waste management fundamentals and environmental issues related to solid waste in general and waste reduction techniques specifically.
- Having excellent communication & reporting skills in Arabic and English.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS office applications and related engineering software.
- Be highly committed, able to work with a team spirit and under pressure, and meet deadlines
Ministry of local government –Ramallah
interested candidates are invited to send CV including three references (in English, maximum 3 pages) with cover letter (in English) to [email protected]
No later than 6th august 2020 no later than 12:00 pm. Only shortlisted persons will be informed to proceed for interview. Please indicate the job title that candidates are applying for in the email subject. Applications that do not indicate the job title will not be considered