Project Officer on Institutional Development for Waste Reduction
“Project for Technical Assistance in Solid Waste Management in Palestine Phase-III (CDSWMP-III)” is the technical cooperation project organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for supporting capacity development of Ministry of Local Government (MoLG) and relevant authority in solid waste management policies, standards, guidelines and plans which will be applied across Joint Service Councils (JSCs) in the West Bank and all over Palestine.
In the Project, JSCs are targeted for capacity strengthening program to equalize the level of SWM services by JSCs in Palestine. It consists of trainings and supporting activities on the ground such as improvements on waste collection and transportation, laws/bylaw, public awareness, etc.
Objectives & Scope of Work:
See annex “Job Description”
Level of Effort & Contract duration
The level of effort required under this assignment is 5 working days per week, 7 hours per day, overtime and holiday work may be required. The expected duration of the assignment until the end of March 2022 renewable until the end of the project in March 2023; according to business needs and applied Palestinian Labor Law.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The candidate must meet the following qualifications as minimum:
- Bachelor degree in management, planning, Institutional building or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in capacity building, institutional assessment and development.
- Good Knowledge of environmental laws, guidelines, regulations and standards followed in Palestine
- Good Knowledge of solid waste management fundamentals and environmental issues related to solid waste in general and waste reduction techniques specifically.
- Having excellent communication & reporting skills in Arabic and English.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS office applications and related engineering software.
- Be highly committed, able to work with a team spirit and under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Duty Station Ministry of local government –Ramallah
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (maximum 3 pages), including three references with cover letter in English to the following address: [email protected], no later than 23th September 2021 at latest 14:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Project officer on institutional development for waste reduction”. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.