“Project for Technical Assistance in Solid Waste Management in Palestine Phase-III (CDSWMP-III)” is the technical cooperation project organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for supporting capacity development of Ministry of Local Government (MoLG) and relevant authority in solid waste management policies, standards, guidelines and plans which will be applied across Joint Service Councils (JSCs) in the West Bank and all over Palestine.
In the Project, JSCs are targeted for capacity strengthening program to equalize the level of SWM services by JSCs in Palestine. It consists of trainings and supporting activities on the ground such as improvements on waste collection and transportation, accounting and financing, public awareness, etc.
Objectives & Scope of Work:
See annex “Job Description”
Level of Effort & Contract duration
The level of effort required under this assignment is 5 working days per week, 7 hours per day, over time and holiday work may be required. The expected duration of the assignment is one year renewable according to the business needs and applied Palestinian Labor Law.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The candidate must meet the following qualifications as minimum:
- bachelor in Public Relations, Media or any related field
- Three years of experience in the field related to environmental projects, mainly solid waste management
- high proficiency in designing and implementing awareness rising campaigns
- Creative and strategic skills in the related field.
- Good knowledge of data collection, management and analysis and results reporting
- Good computer skills in (Microsoft office package), graphic design is an asset;
- familiar in working with Local Government sector and NGO’s;
- Fluent in communication, and reporting in English and Arabic
- Ministry of local government –Ramallah
Interested candidates are invited to send CV including three references (in English, maximum 3 pages) with cover letter (in English) to [email protected]
No later than 6th august 2020 no later than 12:00 pm. Only shortlisted persons will be informed to proceed for interview. Please indicate the job title that candidates are applying for in the email subject. Applications that do not indicate the job title will not be considered