(Project Specialist on Infectious Waste Management)
“Project for Technical Assistance in Solid Waste Management in Palestine Phase-III (CDSWMP-III)” is the technical cooperation project organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for supporting capacity development of Ministry of Local Government (MoLG) and relevant authority in solid waste management policies, standards, guidelines and plans which will be applied across Joint Service Councils (JSCs) in the West Bank and all over Palestine.
In the Project, JSCs are targeted for capacity strengthening program to equalize the level of SWM services by JSCs in Palestine. It consists of trainings and supporting activities on the ground such as improvements on waste collection and transportation, laws/bylaw, public awareness, etc.
Objectives & Scope of Work:
Level of Effort & Contract duration
The level of effort required under this assignment is 5 working days per week, 7 hours per day, overtime and holiday work may be required. The expected duration of the assignment is one year renewable according to the business needs and applied Palestinian Labor Law.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The candidate must meet the following qualifications as minimum:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the field of environmental management and/or medical waste management.
- Experience in data collection and analysis, preparation of reports and recommendations needed to develop future plans.
- Experience in following up the implementation of Medical Waste Management Projects.
- Good Knowledge of environmental laws, guidelines, regulations and standards followed in Palestine
Good Knowledge of solid waste management fundamentals and environmental issues related to solid waste in general and waste reduction techniques specifically.
- Having excellent communication & reporting skills in Arabic and English.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS office applications and related engineering software.
- Be highly committed, able to work with a team spirit and under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Ministry of Local Government – Ramallah.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (maximum 3 pages), including three references with cover letter in English to the following address: [email protected], no later than 29th July 2021 at latest 14:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Project Specialist on Infectious Waste Management”. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.