Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve the public also in our work. Within the Oxfam confederation we work together as 19 Oxfam affiliates, with the final aim to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam invites applications from experienced candidates with strong analytical skills and conceptual paths for the following position:
WASH Project Officer
40 hrs per week – 6 months
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in Gaza
Purpose of the job:
To contribute to the management of WASH - UNICEF project in the Occupied Palestinian Territory through supervising project work plan and follow up delivery of the MEAL plan, monitoring the progress of the project, working with partners to deliver quality programming to ensure achievement of project goals and results. In addition to work with WASH team, in the design and implementation of water, sanitation, hygiene and protection, monitor public health promotion activities and ensure that projects objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Project Implementation (70% of the time)
- Provide day to day support and supervision to WASH - UNICEF project
- Under the direct supervision of the WASH program Manager, support WASH cluster by providing the needed technical assistance related to the project activities. .
- Working closely with WASH cluster and main stakeholders to ensure that deliverables are on line with the designed intervention and meet the required standards
- Liaise with Oxfam programme support functions Finance and Logistics to ensure that procedures and guidelines of Oxfam and donor are followed focusing on the selection and evaluation process of the consultant services under the project
- Support contextual analysis and developing of emergency scenarios to feed into the development of the Oxfam WASH strategy and emergency preparedness plan , linking emergency response to the longer-term WASH programmes.
- Responsible to develop of the IEC materials and the ToRs of the related consultancy services under the project
- To ensure involvement of WASH cluster in all stages of project cycle.
- Contribute in timely and quality reporting on the ongoing WASH activities including preparedness, contingency plans and emergency response activities
- Assist in collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
Liaise with the WASH team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages to create synergy effects;
- Actively participate in weekly management and team meetings.
- In close coordination with Gender team, to ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues. In particular to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the work and to ensure that Oxfam programme is an opportunity for peace making, rather than community division.
- To support the implementing of the ongoing WASH activities, implemented by partners’ organizations or directly by Oxfam
- To report regularly, verbally and in writing to the WASH Program Manager.
- Support the gender justice officer (SL) to ensure that gender issues have been mainstreamed across all activities.
- Support the WASH team in preparing and supporting monitoring and evaluation visits by management and donors and disseminating related lessons learned.
- Support WASH manager and the saving lives MEAL officer to supervise the implementation of monitoring and evaluation practices in line with the Common Approach to Monitoring and Social Accountability (CAMSA) for all WASH projects.
External Coordination ( 20% )
- Support the WASH program Manager to maintain contacts and relations with key players involved in the project including other agencies and local authorities.
- Responsible to facilitate the implementing of the workshops, meetings and learning events related to the project
- Provide analytical inputs on the severity, scale and causes of WASH preparedness plans in Gaza, through information and coordination with WASH cluster and other organizations.
- Participate in internal and external coordination meetings related to the role, as per WASH program Manager request.
- Undertake additional tasks reasonably assigned to you by your line manager or designated person.
Commitments to WASH Team and Internal Communication (10%)
- Active participation of weekly team meetings
- Contribute to Oxfam organizational activities and events as per request
- Contribute to the needs assessment and WASH team capacity building events and activities.
- Support the WASH team in the implementation of WASH interventions.
- Participate and contribute to Oxfam Gaza and joint team meetings
- Communicate with Oxfam wider team in particular saving lives working group in the areas of joint or similar interventions
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Graduate from a recognised university with relevant qualifications in Social Sciences, Public Health, and Engineering or any other related field
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience of work in the emergency preparedness, planning and response or development context projects preferably in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene and/or protection;
- Well understanding of WASH cluster and inter cluster system in Gaza strip
- Demonstrated proven experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation working in international or local NGOs.
- Fair experience in developing of IEC materials and stander operating procedure
- Very good experience in developing of consultancy services ToRs
- Experience in developing programme monitoring and evaluation systems and feedback in promoting ongoing learning and in matching learning and outcome/ impact assessment to strategy and decision making.
- Experience in working closely with partner organisations and stakeholders throughout a programme cycle
- Sound understanding of project cycle in humanitarian & development contexts and experience of administering project and programme management tools.
- Ability to manage complex workload and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experiences of implementing MEAL practice integrating gender into programming.
- Effective member of team and role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better ways to do things and shares with team, and promotes high standards.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing
- Ability and experience to train people;
- Advanced reporting skills Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions.
- Proactively assumes more responsibility and/or more difficult areas of work in agreement with manager.
- Very Good written and spoken English and Arabic.
- High competences in coordination and communications
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender into programming.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, with a good level of self-awareness, and the ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
- Excellent command over written and spoken English and Arabic
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good skills in using MS Office and data analysis tools
- Commitment to the beliefs, aims and objectives of Oxfam
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range 92,826 – 117,180 ILS gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
by no later than November 14th 2018.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.