VOLUNTEER COOPERANT IN DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
COUNTRY Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel
ASSIGNMENT LOCATION (CITY) Ramallah or Jerusalem
CONTRACT DURATION 12 months
START DATE As soon as possible
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promote the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do so, Oxfam will ensure to recruit candidates who demonstrate the same values as the organisation and expects that everyone already working in the organisation shares and embody this commitment already.
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled « Equality in Action » working in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in the 13 countries. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of the qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
In collaboration with Oxfam team members in the country of intervention, the volunteer cooperant will be responsible for:
- Following up on partners’ activities under the VCP and hold regular follow up and monitoring meetings. More specifically, following up on interventions and initiatives under VCP related to Gender Justice, Gender Justice and environment, social inclusion, and transformative leadership, Women & Youths.
- Providing technical support including capacity building to Oxfam’s implementing partners on various range of needs such as gendered organisational change, gender mainstreaming, micro business management & development, cooperatives as a business model.
- Initiating and facilitating knowledge & information management activities and exchange with implementing partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of the projects based on lessons learned.
- Coordinating and facilitating VCP meetings and field visits at the country level with project partners and related stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the (digital) archiving is correctly done and maintained.
- Ensuring that the initiatives under VCP adhere to Oxfam Country Strategy, Programme guidelines, in close coordination with Gender Justice Programme Manager and OQ.
- Coordinating with a range of internal and external stakeholders and allies to ensure that the implementation of the VCP initiatives is complementary to and in line with Oxfam’s OPTI country strategy.
- When required, preparing stories, presentations and/or input for any other written materials for external communication on the projects and communicate complex information to a broad audience.
- Share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; intimidation; lack of integrity; corruption and fraud.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Be domiciled in Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel and have
- Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent resident status
- or citizenship of a country in the Middle East other than OPTI.
- Advanced academic degree in development studies, social sciences, law or related field, specialization in gender and/or Women’s studies.
- Solid understanding of gender concepts and latest developments in Gender Justice policy and practice and proven experience in using different gender analysis frameworks and tools, and international instruments to support WPS agenda.
- At least 3 years of work experience in Gender Justice programmes/projects, with experience in Woman, Peace, and Security.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in organisational analysis & partnership with local civil society organizations, grant management, program development and monitoring, evaluation and learning to support development programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching capacities.
- Demonstrated reasonable tolerance to risk and to uncertainty context.
- Mastery of the Office suite.
- English, spoken and written. Arabic is an asset.
- Experience in international development is an asset.
- Adherence to Oxfam’s mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Volunteer Support Program
- Days off (20 days off/year for mandates of 12 months or more)
- Airline ticket home at the end of the mandate
- Access to various training courses
We accept applications on a continuous basis. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected will be contacted.
It is also possible that the post is fulfilled before the deadline set. Therefore, please avoid waiting till the end of the post’s deadline to submit your application.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your application (CV and letter of interest) specifying the mandate/country for which you are applying in addition to your nationality to the email address [email protected]