Supply Chain Officer - 40 hrs per week – 1 Year (Renewable upon Funds)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in Gaza
Deadline for Application 22nd November 2022
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for managing supply and logistics operations for Oxfam’s programme in Gaza
For the detailed job profile please find it Here
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years experience in: Logistics, procurement, warehousing, vehicle management, general administration in similar position in I/NGOs.
- Good understanding of donor rules and guidelines and Oxfam Logistics Policy and Procedures
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work
- Keeps abreast of internal and external events that may influence role
- Anticipates outcome of activities and uses initiative to achieve targets
- Actively promotes high standards and continuous improvement
- Continually seeks out most efficient use of resources
- Pro-actively adapts and improves standards and working practices
- Able to advise and train on specialist skills to other departments / teams
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English and Arabic
- Proven ability to organise work effectively and supporting others
- Attention to detail, Highly Numerate and Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use
- Experience of supervision of staff and strong, effective people management skills and experience.
- Financial management ability.
- Previous experience with UN or and INGOs
- Basic IT experience is an added value
- Valid Driving Licence
- Previous experience with Contracts Management.
What we offer
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Basic salary starts as 104,787 ILS gross per annum, for a 40-hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than 22nd November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.