Massader for Infrastructure and Natural Resources Development (arm of Palestine Investment Fund) is seeking to hire a high caliber Technical Support Engineer with a Solar PV background to take part in the execution of the company’s range of Solar Power projects in Palestine, consisting of both rooftop and ground mounted utility scale plants.
The Engineer will be reporting to the Solar Program Director, and will be expected to perform the following tasks as a minimum:
- Liaising with project stakeholders such as EPC Contractors, Consultants, Local Distribution Companies, and others if necessary during project implementation
- Providing general oversight over project implementation and ensuring adherence to predetermined budgetary and implementation plans
- Providing mechanical, electrical, and other design reviews where applicable to ensure compliance of submittals to technical specifications
- Providing tendering support for Massader’s procurement team for Solar PV projects
- Conducting project site surveys where applicable and conducting a preliminary analysis determining economic and technical pre-feasibility including but not limited to energy yield, plant capacity design, CAPEX & OPEX, etc.
- Providing site inspections and supervision against technical procedures and specifications, in addition to all field support necessary during project implementation if needed
- Providing Operations and Maintenance support for existing Solar Plants where needed
- Interacting with local and international suppliers where needed
- Conducting other Solar PV related tasks as required
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the Solar PV Industry in Palestine
- Demonstrated experience in conducting Solar PV design using PVsyst for either rooftop or utility scale solar plants
- Experience as a Project Engineer with exposure to an array of Solar PV project aspects such as QA/QC, budget and schedule control, design review and approval, HSE, Testing & Commissioning, and LV/MV Grid Connection.
- Experience in Solar PV field installation and troubleshooting is a must
- Competence with PVSyst, AUTOCAD, and Microsoft Suite
- Strong sector familiarity and demonstrated knowledge with prevailing technologies and Solar PV market developments especially pertaining to main components
- Strong familiarity with Electrical and Mechanical components of a Solar PV Plant
- Strong familiarity with the Palestinian Electricity Sector in terms of structure, challenges, stakeholders etc
- A degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering
- A valid Palestinian driving license.
- Strong communication skills both in Arabic and English a must
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV’s with a cover letter to the email address: [email protected] no later than 15/12/2020.
(Only short-listed candidates will contacted for and interview and test.)