Number of vacancies: 2
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration: 10 months with possibility to be extended.
I. Specific objectives:
- Implement mental health and psychosocial activities (MHPSS) at community level.
- Implement awareness raising activities.
- Implement capacity building activities at community level.
II. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the MHPSS and medical teams, assist in the identification of psychosocial needs of the target population.
- Providing immediate psychosocial support (PSS) to victims of critical events, including psychosocial support visits, PFA and PSS assessments at the community level.
- Provide case management for the MHPSS cases and monitor their evolution through regular follow-up in line with the technical SoP developed by MdM.
- Informing, advising, and referring people in need towards internal services or towards external partners, including to public or to humanitarian facilities.
- Based on community needs and interests, implement community-based awareness raising activities and psychoeducation sessions.
- Participate in the process of capacities building for local partners, health care workers or community volunteers in basic psychosocial topics and self-care topics.
- Implement peer support groups with health care workers and community volunteers to promote self-care.
- Contribute to set and maintain an updated mapping of local interlocutors and service providers in the project area.
- Assist in maintaining contacts with key people at community level (Village Councils, community-based organizations, community leaders, Community Eyes Watches …) on the PSS aspects of MdM France’s projects.
- Participate in communication and advocacy activities, upon request.
- Ensure the respect of MdM’s France protocols and policies regarding protection mainstreaming, child protection, PSEA and accountability mechanisms during programme implementation.
- Collaborate and participate, in any field survey, data collection and/or needs assessment organized by MDM France in relation to MHPSS.
- Data collection and reporting;
- Ensure that MHPSS activities are well documented in accordance with MdM France’s standards.
- Daily update the incident tracking sheet with the relevant information, in coordination with the MHPSS Emergency Response Team Leader.
- Ensure that the MHPSS files are secured and stored in a way that preserves the confidentiality and the privacy of the cases.
- Provide monthly reports on your activities to your line manager and to the technical manager, not later than the 6th of the following month, with quantitative data, as well as qualitative analysis.
- Provide weekly planning of field and office activities based on the template used by MdM France.
- Report the progress and the development of activities, achievements, challenges, and eventual gaps to the Consortium Manager.
- Provide case study, testimonies and/or success stories (Qualitative data collection) upon request from your line manager.
- Give quantitative data inputs on MdM France database according to the timing agreed with your line manager and the MEAL Officer.
- Provide technical activities reports not later than one week after the end of each activity or upon request from the Consortium Manager or the MHPSS Manager.
- Provide specific technical reports upon request of your line manager or from the MHPSS Manager.
- Report sensitive cases encountered at community level (i.e. suicidal, sexual abuse) based on MdM France’s protocols and PSEA policies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology or in any other relevant field/certified social worker.
- Valid licence/certificate as a Social Worker from MOH
- At least 1-2 years of professional experiences in relevant field (social work, psycho-social).
- Experience in conducting individual and group sessions, psychosocial assessments, and self-care activities.
- Experience in planning and conducting awareness raising sessions at community level and training on MHPSS topics.
- Previous work experience with international/national organization.
- Knowledge of MHPSS international guidelines
- Ability of organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Reporting and data collection skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Strong commitment to learning new skills and willingness to be accompanied toward the achievement of new competencies.
- Clear commitment to the project thematic.
- Ability to communicate any technical or non-technical topics with clarity and to share any important project information with the team.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as WB/SW/Oct2023 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for receiving the application is Tuesday the 31st of October 2023
MDM will review the CVs upon its reception on a rolling basis and will recruit the qualified one as soon as the suitable candidate is identified, without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM