Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent association founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society based on the real and active participation for the beneficiaries specially the youth, children. and vulnerable groups.
In partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and funded by Global Affairs Canada GAC, LHA will start a project titled Resilient Families: Multi-Sectoral Humanitarian Response for Gazan Families in Crisis (2022-2023), LHA will target 300 HH, living in conflict-damaged or substandard shelters, with shelter rehabilitation and repair assistance
The project will provide shelter repair/ rehabilitation within the shelter cluster min. standards and will incorporate environmental learning practices and risk mitigation in its shelter response, particularly safe management of asbestos, integrating environmentally friendly technologies. into shelter rehabilitation and repairs. The shelter component of the project promotes the choice and dignity of the HH by offering a self-help approach that was preferred by the family, through which the family uses restricted cash assistance to directly implement prioritized repairs or rehabilitation.
LHA is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Job Vacancy: Social Worker
Position Title: Social Worker – Full Time 100%
No. of available positions: 2.5
Place: Life and Hope Association Office, Jabaliya
Period: 14 months
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC)
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Conduct social assessments for potential beneficiary households.
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs in coordination with the Site Engineer.
- Responsibility for conducting field visits to homes of nominee list to fill the social form to help identification of project beneficiaries.
- Collect the required supportive documents from the nominee.
- Participation with site engineers in the field work especially in the social field survey.
- Support livelihoods & economic recovery programming through data collection, information management, communications support, and other relevant tasks.
- Participation in follow up and documentation the file belongs to field survey.
- Conduct semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions, seeking meaningful engagement of all household members.
- Communicate with families and beneficiaries in a clear, professional, and respectful manner.
- Collect and verify beneficiaries’ data and conduct data entry as required.
- Handle and follow-up complaints submitted by beneficiaries in the field.
- Support the dissemination of the LHA Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics to staff members, project beneficiaries, employers, service providers, and relevant community members, including mechanisms to safely make reports or provide feedback and ensure compliance with this policy and immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the project period.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work or any related field.
- Three years of professional experience in similar position.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Good computer literacy.
- Understand and work with local contexts (operational and cultural).
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- She\he must be Resident in North or Gaza governorate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Life and Hope Association (LHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek LHA support on the application process.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now
Deadline for submitting applications 18/02/2022, no later than 15:00
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please