Life and Hope Association
Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) Focal Point
Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society based on the real and active participatory for the beneficiaries specially the youth, children. and vulnerable groups.
In partnership with International Medical Corps (IMC). LHA will start implementing the project “Health Matters: Mitigating the adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on vulnerable populations in Gaza.” To improve community capacity to deal with future waves of COVID-19 through capacity building activities, service provision, and increase uptake of vaccines among community members who are not vaccinated and to increase community knowledge and practice of preventive measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 through structures risk communication and community engagement activities. LHA is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: RCCE Focal Point - Full Time
Place: Life and Hope Association Office, Jabaliya
Duration: 7 months
Strat Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Plan, facilitate, and implement RCCE activities in close collaboration with the IMC RCCE consultant and relevant technical and health emergency teams in IMC Gaza
- Plan, coordinate, co-produce, and disseminate RCCE materials and locally contextualized messages (audio-visual, written, and multimedia) with close ongoing collaboration and support From the IMC RCCE consultant in Gaza.
- Ensure the relevance, accuracy, quality, timely dissemination, and evaluated outcomes and impact of these RCCE materials and messages.
- Work with relevant IMC and stakeholders to support and build trusted community networks and multi-stakeholder partnerships that will achieve targeted and shared impact of RCCE actions.
- Provide technical guidance to rapid assessments and KAP (Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices) surveys where undertaken with communities, at-risk populations, and other stakeholders.
- Establish feedback mechanisms through social media, community surveys, and direct dialogues and consultations to ascertain community perceptions, knowledge, preferred and accessible communication channels, influencers, and barriers to their adoption of health-seeking behaviors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree in journalism, communications, social science, or international relations and or equivalent.
- Studies or experience-based knowledge of communications techniques and media relations.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of information, public relations, communications, journalism, or in a similar field.
- Experience in planning and implementing media and communications projects, preferably including the development of audio and visual materials and tools for community socialization and mobilization.
- Professional writing and presentation skills, strong photographic and/or video and presentation skills are major assets.
- fluency in English and Arabic.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and skills in developing communications materials and approaches
- Good reporting and coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Good in written and spoken English
- Resident in GAZA or NORTH GAZA
- Ability to work in a team with limited supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Producing results
- Ensuring effective use of resources
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now
Deadline for submitting applications 15/02/2022, no later than 02:00 PM
Life and Hope Association (LHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek LHA support on the application process.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.