Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit, and independent association founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims to contribute to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society based on the real and active participation of beneficiaries, especially youth, children, and vulnerable groups.
LHA does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, or any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
In partnership with Global Communities and funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Active Citizenry Activity (ACA), LHA is implementing a project entitled Building Better Together that aims to promote values of community engagement and civic participation among youth to inspire a new generation to become active citizens through community Initiatives and digital advocacy campaigns in North Gaza Governorate.
LHA is recruiting candidates for the following positions:
Position Title: Field Assistant - Full Time
No. of available positions: ( 1 )
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Period: 18 Months
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Conduct outreach activities to engage community members, particularly youth, in civic participation.
- Recruiting and selecting candidates for youth councils, and community initiatives.
- Collaborate with project managers to develop and execute plans aligned with project objectives.
- Organize community meetings, workshops, and events to facilitate dialogue and mobilize community members.
- Develop and implement community initiatives and digital advocacy campaigns to raise awareness and mobilize support.
- Establish effective communication channels with CBOs and stakeholders for collaboration and resource sharing.
- Monitor project progress, collect data, and prepare reports highlighting achievements and challenges.
- Maintain accurate records of project activities and prepare periodic reports for project managers and funders.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to youth council members, community participants, and volunteers.
- Perform any other tasks required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s or diploma degree from an accredited university in community development, social sciences, public relations, or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in community and civil society participation, advocacy, and community initiatives.
- Demonstrated passion for civic engagement, community development, and social change. Proven track record of actively participating in community initiatives.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating community events, and workshops.
- Proficient in social media management and digital advocacy tools.
- Familiarity with the local community, its dynamics, and challenges.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the association.
- A resident of North Gaza\ Gaza City.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Life and Hope Association (LHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. committed to diversity and inclusion in its staff and encourages all candidates regardless of gender, nationality, or ethnic background, including people with disabilities, and encouraged to apply and to seek LHA support on the application process.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now
- Deadline for submitting applications 27/07/2023, no later than 04:00 PM
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- Any incomplete submission will not be considered
- LHA is an equal rights employer; we encourage qualified women.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.