Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Social worker, Gaza Base (1 Position)
Starting date: Based on the possibility to find donor.
Type: Full time contract.
Duration: 12 months
Purpose: Assist in the implementation of MHPSS activities of MdM France in Gaza and facilitate the delivery of a quality MHPSS Services for individuals and families as well as to improve Communities’ psychosocial well-being.
- Capacity Building for Community First Response Teams, MHPSS Teams and community-based organization`s Staff (Emergency Interventions, community first response teams, critical incidents communications and reporting pathways, training, management & referral of acute psychological needs in the after math of critical incidents, GBV, case management, Child Protection, referral networking, stress management and selfcare)
- Improve and follow up the data collection of local partners and CBOs as well as improve the reporting, Psychosocial Assessment forms and other forms related to their activities.
- A degree in Social Work, or in any other relevant field (Bachelor Major in Social Work or Master in Community Mental Health/ Social Work)
- Extensive experience in training and supervising social workers and Mental Health Field Workers (at least 3 years)
- Proven experience in providing emergency psychological interventions and in training MHPSS teams on PFA and other mental health emergency intervention techniques.
- Proven experience in Child Protection and GBV SOP`s and other locally adapted Mental Health Protocols for the management of MHPSS needs in GBV Survivors.
- Experience in assessing, reporting and managing MHPSS and GBV needs in shelters for IDP`s.
- Experience in individual, family and group sessions.
- Experience in providing and training Stress Management and Selfcare sessions.
- Experience in Community Psycho-education and training.
- Extensive experience in maintaining network activities including with, national or International NGO`s and official service providers.
- Previous work experience with international organizations
- Knowledge of MHPSS international guidelines
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Managerial skills
- To be able to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/ SW/GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email, or it may not be considered
This position is being advertised in preparation for a possible new grant subjective to fund start in April 2019.
Dead line for receiving the application is Thursday February 14th , 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.