Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an international medical organization, which has been present in the Palestinian territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of Social Worker based in Nablus.
- Provide immediate Psychosocial (PSS) response to victims of critical events including psychosocial support visits, Psychological First Aid and Psychosocial need assessments.
- Refer the basic/ protection needs of targeted communities to basic / protection services through the Mental Health Manager
- Implement psychosocial Peer Support Groups at community level with children, teenagers and adults.
- Implement community-based awareness campaign activities, including workshops at villages’ level and distributing MDM’s brochures to targeted communities.
- Implement the psychosocial capacity building programs at community level including selection, training and supervision
- Participate in the implementation of other Psychosocial activities in cooperation with Nablus Technical Team (events, group training sessions, refreshment courses, workshops and other scientific events)
- Assist in needs assessments upon request from the Mental Health Manager and the Medical Coordinator.
- Contribute to MDM communication and advocacy activities as requested and planned.
- Maintain filing of community based activities based on the filing system agreed with the direct supervisor
- Report hot cases at community (i.e. suicidal, sexual abuse) based on MDM protocols and formats used
- Provide other activities planning and reporting based on the format/ language and period requested by the Mental Health Manager
- A bachelor degree in Social Work, sociology or in any other relevant field/ certified social worker.
- Valid licence /certificate as a Social Worker from MOH
- Experience in individual, family and group sessions.
- Experience related to psychosocial assessment.
- Experience in community psycho-education and training.
- Previous work experience with international/ national organization.
- Knowledge of PSS international guidelines
- Communication and facilitation skills are key factor to this position.
- Ability of organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong commitment to learning new skills and willingness to be accompanied toward the achievement of new competencies.
- Clear commitment to the project thematic.
- Ability to communicate any technical or non-technical topic with clarity and to share any important project information with the team
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
- Reporting and data collection skills, both qualitative and quantitative
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/SW/2018 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Dead line for receiving the application is Wednesday the 9th of May, 2018
MDM recruit qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM