The Palestine Liberation Organization, for the benefit of the Palestinian National Authority (PNA), has received an initial financing of EUR 130 Million from the World Bank-International Development Association (IDA), PA, KFW, Denmark, SDC, VNG, GIZ and AFD towards the cost of the 3rd phase of the Municipal Development Program (MDPIII).
The Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF) as an implementation agency for the project intends to use part of the grant for consulting services to hire an individual Consultant to conduct the above-mentioned assignment which will be conducted in selected municipalities in the Gaza Srtip..
The induvial consultant shall provide technical assistance to MDLF and the targeted municipalities in Gaza Strip governorates in implementing social management of MDPIII Cycle 2 in compliance with MDP Operation Manual, the Land Acquisition and Livelihood Framework, the Grievance Mechanism Manual and Environmental and Social Management Framework, the individual consultant expected to conduct all the activities related to the assignment scope as indicated in the TOR, over a period of 24 months and it is expected to start in February 2020.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be viewed at the website: www.MDLF.org.ps/TOR
The Municipal Development and Lending Fund now invite eligible qualified individuals to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The main qualifications of the consultant are as follows:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in Social Science or in a related field
- Professional Social and Community Development Specialist with at least 7 years’ experience in carrying out community consultation for the identification of community development projects focused on enhancing community participation in municipal decision making
- Experience in and knowledge of international social safeguards and management.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of social monitoring indicators
- Experience with Social Impact Assessments (identification and mitigation), participatory planning and budgeting, improvement of consumer satisfaction, enhancement of customer relations by Municipalities and utilities, and public awareness campaigns
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Individual Consultants will be selected through a comparison of the qualifications of those who expressed interest in this position.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 PM.