Gaza Solid Waste Management Project (GSWMP)
Request for Expressions of Interest
Consulting Services – Individual Consultant
Grant No.: P121648 / AFD CPS 1040
Country: : Palestine
Location : Gaza Strip
Position Title : Administrative and Technical Assistant for JSC-KRM
Reference No. : 188.8.131.52 (E)
The Palestine Liberation Organization, for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority (PA), has received financing in the amount of US$ 29.76 Million from the World Bank-International Development Association (IDA), the French Development Agency (AFD), and the European Union (EU) towards the cost of the Gaza Solid Waste Management Project (GSWMP), where Administrative and Technical Assistant needed to fulfill the needs of the expanded Joint Service Council for Khan Younis, Rafah and Middle Area (JSC-KRM) for Solid Waste Management who is the final owner and operator of the assets provided by MDLF through.
The Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF), as the delegated implementing agency, intends to use part of the Grant to hire individual consultant expert in Administration and Technical Assistance and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The main objective of this assignment is provide technical assistance to carry out evaluation, direction, control and development all the events and activities that are carried out in the JSC-KRM Technical Operational Unit (TOU) to be fully effective to achieve the vision, mission and objectives of the JSC-KRM in parallel with the overall objectives of the GSWMP. The appointed Individual Consultant is expected to carry out following activities under the supervision of JSC Executive Director:
- General office clerical duties and assists the executive director of (TOU) in providing logistical and administrative support to (GSWMP) project. She/he will be answering phone calls, directing mails, and assisting visitors as needed;
- Assist the JSC executive director and technical staff in data collection and entry and provide any other administrative tasks assigned by JSC executive director to ensure efficient and smooth support to the GSWMP;
- Maintaining comprehensive calendar of internal and external activities for the benefit of departmental leadership and coordinates meetings and schedules for (TOU);
- Independently composes letters, writes minutes of meeting and reports, including those involving technical issues;
- Conducting review and analysis of reports and other technical documents;
- Identify and follow up departmental and staff needs;
- Maintaining reports as required for the department;
- Type, photocopy and distribute reports as required. Coordinates recruitment requirements of the department;
- Performing other duties as required by the executive director of JSC.
The Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF) invite eligible qualified individuals to provide information indicating their qualifications, experience and appropriate skills to perform the services. The main qualifications of the consultant are as follows:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 4 year of work experience in the field of administration and technical assistance;
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills;
- High skills in online data entry management and analysis of data;
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and filing such as: copiers, LCD projections, fax machines, scanners and conferencing equipment;
- Strong computer skills including MS office applications;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers published by the World Bank in January 2011, revised in July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Individual Consultants shall be selected through comparison of qualifications of those who have expressed interest in this position.
Interested consultants should send their CVs with a cover letter to the address
via e-mail by 02:00 PM on Monday 4 December, 2017:
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the e-mail as Administrative and Technical Assistant and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and no phone calls please.
MDLF General Director
Address is: Municipal Development and Lending Fund Office
Ramallah Main Office:
Al- Amal Building, Mecca Street, Al-balou' Area, Al-Bireh, Palestine
Tel: 02- 2426610 | Fax: 02-2426617