Job Description & Requirements:
The Jordanian Action for the Development of Enterprises (JADE) is a 3 year project co-funded by the European Union; aiming to support the development of an inclusive and innovative private sector that leads to economic growth and development across regions in Jordan. The project will, more specifically, develop pathways for increasing local market linkages across value chains, supporting the development of value added, encouraging innovation and promoting skills development in a manner that leads to realizing the growth potential of Jordanian small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The expert/consultant is expected to undertake the following:
- Conduct the initial assessments for SMEs (online applications), to exclude the SMEs who did not meet the initial criteria (number of employees, period of registration, products, environment aspects, etc.)
- Visit all filtered SMEs to conduct an initial diagnosis, in order to select the most important SMEs.
- Conduct additional field visits to JADE final selected SMEs.
- Assess all selected SMEs through JADE’s full diagnosis analysis.
- Help the JADE team in promoting the program, to promote more SMEs to apply for the program.
- Manage all M&E issues related to JADE SME support. The expert is expected to monitor the impact of JADE support on SMEs, throughout the lifetime of the project, and capture all success stories.
- Coordinate with JADE international sector experts, in promoting B2B and Jordanian exports to the EU.
- Map all SME who filled the JADE online application and build a master excel sheet to include all of them. The sheet must be categorized by sub-sector, products, number of employees, export markets, assistance required, suitable BDS providers, growth potential, market linkages and other fields upon consultant recommendations, to keep track of all JADE clients.
- Act as a liaison between JADE, chambers of industry and business associations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economic, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any equivalent.
- Between 3 to 6 years of practical experience in the field of SME assessment
- Excellent research, communication, and reporting skills.
- Fully proficient in software packages (MS word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Previous work experience with donor funded programs focusing on firm level assistance and SMEs diagnosis.
- Experience in working with high level counterparts and engaging with senior Government officials.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 20-Feb, 2019. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the e-mail subject.