ABOUT LEADERS INTERNATIONAL
Leaders International is an international network of local organizations that plans, manages, and monitors innovation and economic development interventions in the region. Through its offices in Brussels, Amman, and Ramallah, Leaders International provides complete project-management services with a focus on private-sector development, enterprise development, job creation, entrepreneurship, D4D, economic policy dialogue, and tourism value chain development.
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) is implementing the Project Support to Industrial and Agricultural Economy through JAIP ICT and Incubation Center Development in the occupied Palestinian territory. The project focus at the establishment of a Palestinian Industrial Capacity Development Center (PICDEC) at Jericho Agro-Industrial Park (JAIP) aiming at supporting Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and selected entrepreneurs with growth potential in their business development and market opportunities in Palestine and abroad.
The project is funded by the Government of Japan under the Corridor for Peace and Prosperity initiative and the project shall be seen as a part of a larger programme aiming at enhancing JAIP’s position as a sustainable economic development model in Palestine by supporting and expanding Palestine's agricultural value chain and ensure high-leveled technology for environmental protection, conservation of energy and efficient management.
The operation of PICDEC will be the responsible of a management team, who will start operating from the first quarter of 2021. Leaders International (LI) have been assigned to take on this task and have so far recruited the Team Leader.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Fabrication Lab Technician is an essential member of the Management Team, as s/he will overall be responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the Centre’s Fabrication Lab.
The Fabrication Lab Technician will be a part of PICDEC’s Management Team. S/he will work under the guidance of LI and UNDP and under direct supervision of the Team Leader, who is overall responsible for the finalization of the institutional and operational set-up of the Centre on the ground.
The duration of the contract is until December 2021 with the possibility of extension based on performance and available funding, whereas the location of the job is Jericho, Palestine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fabrication Lab Technician will in the Management Team undertaker the following roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Fab Lab;
- Run routine maintenance of the equipment within the Fab Lab;
- Provide all technical support needed by the Fab Lab customers;
- Ensure that equipment and software in the lab is properly maintained and in optimal working condition;
- Maintain inventory of consumable materials inside the Fab Lab;
- Teach the customers how to use the various software and machinery available in the Fab Lab;
- Provide recommendations for needed upgrades of the equipment and software of the Fab Lab;
- Carry out day‐to‐day maintenance and cleaning duties in the Fab Lab to maintain a tidy, clean and safe working environment.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Fabrication Lab Technician is expected to meet the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to science, technology, Engineering or a related field;
- Two years of experience in a field related to this position.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid software experience (2D, 3D CAD software, etc.);
- Two years of work experience within industrial computer-controlled technologies;
- Demonstrated experience with the following fabrication technologies: 3D Printing, 3D Scanning, Laser Cutting, CNC Routing, Plasma Cutting, Electronics, Machine Shop Equipment.
Please submit your CV to: [email protected], no later than February 6th, 2021 mentioning the Job title in the email subject.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time as the needs of the organization require.