ABOUT LEADERS INTERNATIONAL
Leaders International is an international network of local organizations that plans, manages, and monitors innovation and economic development interventions in the region. Through its offices in Brussels, Amman, and Ramallah, Leaders International provides complete project-management services with a focus on private-sector development, enterprise development, job creation, entrepreneurship, D4D, economic policy dialogue, and tourism value chain development.
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) is implementing the Project Support to Industrial and Agricultural Economy through JAIP ICT and Incubation Center Development in the occupied Palestinian territory. The project focus at the establishment of a Palestinian Industrial Capacity Development Center (PICDEC) at Jericho Agro-Industrial Park (JAIP) aiming at supporting Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and selected entrepreneurs with growth potential in their business development and market opportunities in Palestine and abroad.
The project is funded by the Government of Japan under the Corridor for Peace and Prosperity initiative and the project shall be seen as a part of a larger programme aiming at enhancing JAIP’s position as a sustainable economic development model in Palestine by supporting and expanding Palestine's agricultural value chain and ensure high-leveled technology for environmental protection, conservation of energy and efficient management.
The operation of PICDEC will be the responsible of a management team, who will start operating from the first quarter of 2021. Leaders International (LI) have been assigned to take on this task and have so far recruited the Team Leader.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Food Lab Technician is an essential member of the Management Team, as s/he will overall be responsible for the Centre’s Food Lab and for analyzing a variety of samples using different test methods. Daily tasks include the receipt of samples, determining methods by reviewing procedures and specifications, testing samples, observing for abnormal reactions, documenting, reviewing, and reporting of results. Moreover, cleaning and stocking the work area. S/he is also responsible for maintaining and calibrating the equipment as well as routine quality control checks.
The Food Lab Technician will be a part of PICDEC’s Management Team. S/he will work under the guidance of LI and UNDP and under direct supervision of the Team Leader, who is overall responsible for the finalization of the institutional and operational set-up of the Centre on the ground.
The duration of the contract is until December 2021 with the possibility of extension based on performance and available funding, whereas the location of the job is Jericho, Palestine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Food Lab Technician will in the Management Team undertaker the following roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all operation in the food lab follows work instructions set forth by Test Procedures (TPs), Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Master Sanitation Schedules (MSS);
- Prepare and test chemical, physical, and microbiological samples;
- Maintenance of equipment and their operation, calibration as well as minor maintenance requirements;
- Reagent (microbiological and chemical) preparation;
- Record data in log-books and computer spreadsheets;
- Interpretation of data;
- Reporting of results;
- General lab cleanup and organization; restock supplies;
- Maintains a clean work place free from safety hazards;
- Cleaning work-stations and equipment as outlined in MSS;
- Use proper personal protective equipment at all times;
- Understand and obey all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Food Lab Technician is expected to meet the following qualifications:
- BSc Degree in one of the following fields: food science and technology
- At least 2 years of work experience in food lab operation and testing (microbiological & chemical).
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and speak English;
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and follow documents and procedures. (GLP, SOP, MSDS/SDS, GMP, TP, and HACCP);
- Certification or training in Lab Safety, GLP & ISO17025;
- Strong reporting skills;
- Solid skills to document information in a legible manner and communicate effectively;
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational skills.
Please submit your CV to: [email protected], no later than February 6th, 2021 mentioning the Job title in the email subject.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time as the needs of the organization require.