ABOUT LEADERS INTERNATIONAL
Leaders International is an international network of local organizations that plans, manages, and monitors innovation and economic development interventions in the region. Through its offices in Brussels, Amman, and Ramallah, Leaders International provides complete project-management services with a focus on private-sector development, enterprise development, job creation, entrepreneurship, D4D, economic policy dialogue, and tourism value chain development.
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) is implementing the Project Support to Industrial and Agricultural Economy through JAIP ICT and Incubation Center Development in the occupied Palestinian territory. The project focus at the establishment of a Palestinian Industrial Capacity Development Center (PICDEC) at Jericho Agro-Industrial Park (JAIP) aiming at supporting Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and selected entrepreneurs with growth potential in their business development and market opportunities in Palestine and abroad.
The project is funded by the Government of Japan under the Corridor for Peace and Prosperity initiative and the project shall be seen as a part of a larger programme aiming at enhancing JAIP’s position as a sustainable economic development model in Palestine by supporting and expanding Palestine's agricultural value chain and ensure high-leveled technology for environmental protection, conservation of energy and efficient management.
The operation of PICDEC will be the responsible of a management team, who will start operating from the first quarter of 2021. Leaders International (LI) have been assigned to take on this task and have so far recruited the Team Leader.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Fundraising Specialist is an essential member of the Management Team, as s/he will overall be responsible for identify and secure the Centre’s future sustainability. Moreover, a crucial part of the support services expected to be provided to Palestinian SMEs are related to access to finances. The Fundraising Specialist will therefore play a vital role in the development of the Centre’s services, and be responsible for the delivery of services, guidance and support to the SMEs within this particular theme.
The Fundraising Specialists will be a part of PICDEC’s Management Team. S/he will work under the guidance of LI and UNDP and under direct supervision of the Team Leader, who is overall responsible for the finalization of the institutional and operational set-up of the Centre on the ground.
The duration of the contract is until December 2021 with the possibility of extension based on performance and available funding, whereas the location of the job is Jericho, Palestine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fundraising Specialist will in the Management Team undertaker the following special roles and responsibilities:
- Research and map out donor programs and financial institutions, which could benefit The Business Service Centre as well as tenants operating at JAIP and SMEs within the larger Jordan Valley area;
- Map and use online platforms and crowdfunding to raise funds and donations for the three main constituents listed above;
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant programs, donors and their contact details, as well as comments on their interests and connection to the Centre’s objectives and work;
- Develop a communication strategy, which shall be used to approach donors;
- Organize events, receptions, and campaigns to recruit interests from donors, and solicit donations and funds;
- Develop and maintain strong relations with local and international media outlets.
In collaboration with the Team’s Marketing, Business and Training Manager the Fundraising Specialist is further expected to support and/or take lead in the following tasks:
- Develop press releases about the Centre’s constituents, and publish in local and international media;
- Develop relations with volunteer-based organizations, and recruit volunteers to help the Centre’s constituents;
- Reach out to community leaders, individuals, and corporate donors to promote funding for the Centre’s constituents, and increase awareness of the Centre’s causes, activities, and needs;
- Participate in community events and conferences to promote the Centre’s agenda, and solicit donations for the Centre’s constituents;
- Develop, design, and produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise the Center’s fundraising activities,
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Fundraising Specialist is expected to meet the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, Communication, or any other related field. Further educational advancement is an asset;
- At least five years of progressive and proven fundraising experience;
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal Arabic and English communication skills;
- Able to demonstrate previous fundraising achievements from different donors;
- Strong social media experience, mainly in promoting causes, and running campaigns;
- Experience from development programmes or projects is an advance;
- Previous work experience and familiarity with NGOs, Civil Society Organizations and/or the UN is desirable.
Please submit your CV to: [email protected], no later than March 16th, 2021 mentioning the Job title in the email subject.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time as the needs of the organization require.
Please don’t apply again if you have already applied before, as this is a re-advertised vacancy