Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society and based on the real and active participation of beneficiaries specially the youth, children. and vulnerable groups.
As part of its emergency response endeavor, LHA in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will implement a project that aims to assist households to complete their own shelter repair for those who have partial and severe damages. The project aims to reduce displacement and allow vulnerable families to live in safe and adequate housing, including adaptation work of shelters deemed necessary to meet the needs of PWD.
LHA and CRS are in the process of obtaining funding to start a project soon, the project will target 150 housing units that incurred partial and severe damages during the recent escalation in the North Gaza governorate.
Within this project LHA is recruiting (Based on availability of funding) candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Site Engineer (SE) – Full time
# of Positions Available: 3
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC).
Period: 6 Months
- Conduct social and technical assessments for potential beneficiary households.
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs.
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Conduct a local market assessment and preparing Bill of Quantities.
- Good knowledge of data collection methods using tablets applications.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Liaising with NGO's, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering.
- Two years of professional experience in similar project.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Understanding of protection in humanitarian context.
- A resident of North Gaza governorate.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to the following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV including 2 professional contacts as references.
- Kindly state in the email subject “Site Engineer”
- Any incomplete submission will not be considered
- Deadline for submitting applications is 04:00 PM, June 24, 2021.
- LHA is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.