Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Senior Social Worker, Gaza Base (1 Position)
Purpose: Assist in the implementation of psychosocial support strategies, activities and resources in Gaza in order to facilitate the delivery of a quality psychosocial support for individuals and their communities as well as to improve Communities’ psychosocial well-being.
- Capacity Building for local partners and other community-based organizations Social Workers & Psychologists Staff (Emergency Interventions, community first response teams, critical incidents communications and reporting pathways, training, management & referral of acute psychological needs in the after math of critical incidents, GBV, case management, Child Protection, referral networking, stress management and selfcare)
- Improve and follow up the data collection of local partners and CBOs as well as improve the reporting, Psychosocial Assessment forms and other forms related to their activities.
- A degree in Social Work, or in any other relevant field (Bachelor Major in Social Work or Master in Mental Health/ Social Work)
- Valuable Knowledge in locally adapted SOP`s and MHPSS protocols and guidelines for GBV and child abuse survivors.
- Valuable experience in training and supervising social workers and Mental Health Field Workers (at least 3 years)
- Experience in individual, family and group sessions.
- Experience related to psychosocial assessment.
- Experience in Community Psycho-education and training.
- Experience in MHPSS Interventions in Emergencies.
- Extensive experience in maintaining referral Pathways, network activities including national/ International NGO`s and official service providers.
- Knowledge of MHPSS international guidelines
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Managerial skills
- To be able to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/SSW Replacement/GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email, or it may not be considered
Dead line for receiving the application is Thursday February 07th , 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.