Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an international medical organization, which has been present in the Palestinian territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for one qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Psychologist based in Nablus.
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration: till the 31st of December 2021 with possibility to be extended.
- Leading and planning of the field team’s activities
- Monitor and supervise the field activities to assure performances and the best quality of the services provided in the best interest of MdM beneficiaries
- Reporting to the direct supervisor about the progress and the development of activities, achievements and challenges, eventual gaps and provide suggestions on how to fill them
- Support the field team on internal and/or external referrals
- Keep technical and operational links with other actors and partners
- Support and supervise the field team in providing immediate psychosocial (PSS) emergency response to victims of critical incidents
- Support and supervise, in collaboration with the psychologist, the field team in the identification of patients in need of specific care as GBV survivors, children in need of protection, people with disabilities, people with special needs and assure, together with the team to address their needs in the best interest of the beneficiary
- Support and supervise, in collaboration with the psychologist, the field in team in providing Problem Management Plus (PM+) approach
- Support and supervise the field team in identifying and referral of the beneficiaries’ basic/ protection needs of targeted communities to basic / protection services.
- Refer to the psychologist cases in need of further MH assessment.
- Support in the designing and supervise the eventual implementation of community-based awareness campaign activities, if needed, including distribution’s plan and design of informative brochures.
- Support and supervise the implementation and supervision of PSS capacity building workshops and /or trainings in the targeted communities.
- Support and supervise the implementation of other PSS activities in cooperation with the field team and the Supervisor.
- Supervise and assure the data collection, support the monitoring and evaluation process
- Assure the reporting of the activities, referrals, and data to the direct supervisor.
- Contribute to the organisation and animation of the weekly team meeting and other meetings upon request of the direct supervisor.
- Facilitate the organisation of technical trainings and workshops.
- Assist and support needs assessments.
- Support the field team in contributing to MdM communication and advocacy activities as requested and planned, in agreement and under direct supervision of the supervisor.
- HR Management
- Overseeing the support and the supervision of the field activities and of the field team on a daily basis.
- Overseeing on the field team’s needs and refer them to his/her direct supervisor.
- Monitoring on the training and capacity building needs of the field team and address them to his/her direct supervisor.
- Assuring the administrative supervision (performances, achievements, challenges) and activities planning of the field team under the direct supervision of the supervisor.
- Reporting (English language)
- Prepare and finalize with the field team the weekly activities plan to be provided to the supervisor.
- Collect, supervise, and contribute to consolidating quantitative data input on MdM database to be reported to his/her direct supervisor.
- Facilitate and animate a daily brief for the supervisor about the activities, challenges, achievements, action plan and referrals from the field
- Contribute to the designing of an activities’ monthly report template in collaboration with the field team and the supervisor responding to the needs of reporting.
- Consolidate a monthly report of activities to the direct supervisor.
- Provide technical activities reports after the end of each activity.
- Provide specific technical reports, write minutes of any external and internal meeting, animate monthly group case discussions in collaboration with other team members.
- In collaboration with the psychologist, provide a detailed report on every and each patient requiring for advanced Mental Health, child protection, GBV, PWD management or any other patient in need of special care to the direct supervisor.
- Provide other activities planning and reporting upon request of the direct supervisor.
- Maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners.
- Attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- If necessary, contribute to preparing emergency plans with the MDM-F team to adjust MDM-F activities.
- Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of his/her direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, clinical psychology or equivalent.
- Team leading and communication and facilitation skills are key factor to this position.
- Valid license /certificate as a Psychologist from MOH
- Experience in individual, family, and group sessions.
- Experience related to psychosocial assessment.
- Experience in community psychoeducation and training.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience with international/ national organization.
- Knowledge of PSS international guidelines
- Ability of organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong commitment to learning new skills and willingness to be accompanied toward the achievement of new competencies.
- Clear commitment to the project thematic.
- Ability to communicate any technical or non-technical topic with clarity and to share any important project information with the team
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
- Reporting and data collection skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as NAB/SENPSY/2021 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for receiving the application is Wednesday the 4th of Aug 2021
MDM will review the CVs upon its reception on a rolling basis and will recruit the qualified one as soon as the suitable candidate is identified, without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM