The Union of Agricultural Work Committees in Palestine (UAWC) in partnership with We Effect offers for the provision of services under the framework of the project: “Youth Cooperative Development, Gender Equality and Institutional Cooperative Advocacy Reform”.
The main objective of the project is to support young people and women in empowering them to improve the agricultural sector and safeguard their livelihoods in rural areas, bearing in mind that women and young people are considered a main pillar for social inclusion and economic growth in the Palestinian community and a driving force for its prosperity.
The overall objective of the project is promoting small-scale farmers’ steadfastness, sustainability and livelihoods. This envisaged through a series of innovative, replicable and climate friendly actions that will contribute to improving the livelihoods of the right holders consolidated with governance, institutionalization and regulatory reform for an enabled democratic process and supportive cooperative environment through supporting the General Cooperative Union (GCU). In particular, the project looks into protecting and defending farmers' national and democratic rights and promoting the agricultural cooperative work and its representatives' organizations.
UAWC requires the services of a “Senior Project Coordinator”
- Post Title: Senior Project Coordinator
- Duty Station: Ramallah.
- The duration of this contract is 10 months and is renewable based on agreement between the Parties.
- This job is a full time job.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Closing date: Sunday, 21 March 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
- Takes lead role in strategy, planning, development and implementation of the advocacy strategy and GCU strategic plan 2021 – 2023.
- Develops and maintains a network of stakeholders on a local, regional and international level (Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, international donors, government, decision-makers and influencers).
- Takes the lead in organizing media outreach; arranges all media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; provides talking points and other materials needed; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
- Provides advice to staff on a range of advocacy and outreach issues, methods, and approaches; anticipates and resolves communications/public relations issues/problems.
- Takes the lead in managing advocacy activities in projects/programs, in close coordination with programming team.
- Feedback & evaluation of advocacy related activities (M&E plans/strategic plan)
- Provide weekly reports to the Public Relations Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and professional qualifications/ work experiences:
- BA in media, communication, law, journalism, cooperatives, Science or any other related field with extensive knowledge in Advocacy, and campaigning. (Master degree preferred).
- Very Good to excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent reporting (technical and financial) and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Results Based Management and LFA.
- Very good experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of computer including Excel, Microsoft Office and Power Point.
- Serious, trustworthy, disciplined, dependable and responsible.
- Has experience in project management, added benefit in managing cooperation projects.
- Assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Ability to work under pressure and under challenging conditions.
- Added benefit if applicant has knowledge of cooperatives principles.
- Added benefit if applicant has knowledge of cooperation law and cooperative development plans.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in cooperative development and service delivery in cooperative organizations, lobbying and advocacy.
- Some background in financial management
- Some background in fundraising preferred.
Organizational Strategy Development and Implementation
- Develop and implement advocacy and strategic objectives and initiatives, both short and long term, encompassing a wide range of issues and audiences.
- Develop and implement a plan for national level advocacy and influencing as part of the overall advocacy strategy, involving partners, technical experts, and national actors where appropriate.
- Maintain a strategic overview of issues effecting cooperative’s rights in the oPt, monitoring trends in the external environment and inputting and/or leading as required to organizational strategy and planning processes, in coordination with other team members.
Producing Advocacy Products
- Draft and otherwise support the production of advocacy products as outlined in the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure that all advocacy messages, documents, and strategies are evidence-based, drawn from field experience and assessments, of high quality and effective, and are approved by UAWC/GCU.
- Keep a watching brief on policy makers and other key players in relation to cooperative’s rights issues and identify opportunities to raise awareness and influence policy change.
External Engagement and Influencing
- Develop good knowledge of local and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them.
- Undertake a range of lobbying, communications, and other activities to inform and persuade policy makers, including donors and politicians, of the value of GCU’s policy recommendations.
- Produce or manage the production of reports, briefing papers, and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed.
- When possible, support and/or initiate possible fundraising schemes for GCU
Campaigns Materials and Delivery
- Lead the development of an integrated campaigns plan aligned with the GCU strategic plan.
- Develop policy briefing papers, policy statements and public communication materials related to national, regional and international advocacy issues and priorities.
- Ensure that all advocacy and campaign messages, documents and strategies are evidence-based, drawn from field experience and assessments, of high quality and effective.
- Establish and strengthen partnership efforts around campaigning for cooperative rights.
The incumbent of this post is required to travel in the field in the course of performing his/her duties.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter and CV to the following email address
Please make sure that the job title is clearly stated in the subject line of the email.
Deadline for accepting applications is March 21, 2021.
All applications will be treated with confidentiality, and only short listed candidates will be interviewed.