The Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) is a leading Palestinian Agricultural Development Organization that was established in 1986. Since its establishment, UAWC has been efficiently engaged in Palestinian land & water resources development, protection of environment, poverty reduction and women empowerment, olive oil marketing, as well as other crucial rural development programs. UAWC is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the following position to start immediately at its head office in Ramallah:
Under the supervision of the General Director of UAWC and in coordination with Department Directors, the Reporting Officer (RO) will work closely with the Program team to generate and maintain the program’s information and communication needs. In a quick response, the Reporting Officer will utilize the information from program reporting, and information reports in the field to compile appropriate information products on programs status, impact, including success stories, replies to requests for information (RFI), regular deliverable reports, research reports, and ad hoc reports.
- Will be the focal point for programs information needs.
- Use information from programs activities and field reporting to compile quick results information products on programs status and impact, including RFIs and success stories.
- Report program status and impact to a number of audiences through a variety of formats.
- Coordinate report outputs, highlights and success stories, ad-hoc reporting and RFIs, media monitoring, and provide substantial inputs to Program team in writing of quarterly reports and client updates.
- Provide critical inputs and analysis into draft reporting submitted from departments.
- Review quality of all English version final reporting products prior to release.
- Translate reports and project documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Support the organizations' fundraising process, including developing concepts and proposals that are in line with the program's strategy and objectives.
- Provide thematic research reports that contribute to the development of the programs.
- Suggest innovative approaches in program reporting both in terms of approach and delivery.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in related work in reporting on program implementation and results.
- Proven experience in; writing reports on short deadlines, developing concept notes and logical frameworks with excellent research and political analytical skills will be an additional advantage.
- Native-level or near-fluent English written and verbal communication skills; fluency in Arabic is required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in literature, development, or political science, or a related field.
- Experience working with a development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for communication.
- Very good computer skills in MS Office and other data management software.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
Interested candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter and CV to the following email address
Please make sure that the job title is clearly stated in the subject line of the email. All applications will be treated with confidentiality, and only short listed candidates will be called in for an interview and requested to take a written exam.
Deadline for accepting applications is August 13th, 2020.