Senior International Assistance Officer - LE-O2
The Representative Office of Canada to the Palestinian Authority is pleased to announce a job opportunity for a Senior International Assistance Officer with an attractive compensation and benefits package. The competition is open to all persons who have the right to work legally in the West Bank and Israel, or right to work legally in the West Bank and travel to Israel. The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate will report to the International Assistance Program Manager. Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The Officer participates in the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of international assistance programs and projects in the West Bank and Gaza.;
- Supports multilateral, Canadian partnerships, and humanitarian programming where appropriate;
- Coordinates with other stakeholders including government, civil society, non-governmental organizations and other donors;
- Represents the Government of Canada at events, leads and participates in policy dialogue, and maintains a network of contacts and a knowledge base in support of Canadian development programming;
- Provides high-level strategic research, analysis, advice/recommendations in support of GAC’s overall strategic direction for International Assistance in West Bank and Gaza and leads and/or participates in committees and international assistance working groups on behalf of Canada.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Requirements: The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing, implementing or monitoring international development projects;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in research and strategic analysis, writing reports, briefing notes and presentations, and providing recommendations and advice for international development projects;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working for government or non-government organizations, multilateral institutions or international donors;
- Experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships, including preparing for and conducting meetings with key internal and external contacts.
Starting Salary: 252,244.00 NIS/ year, plus paid overtime and other attractive benefits.
NOTE: You must meet all essential qualifications (language profile, education, experience, knowledge and abilities) in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
****For complete details concerning the application procedure and requirements please visit:
***Apply before 23:59 UTC/GMT 27 April 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for assessment***