Security Coordinator – West Bank
War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health, and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2006 and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, Nablus, and Gaza.
Reporting to Head of Operations
Location West Bank
Contract duration: 12 months, with the possibility of renewal based on the high performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary/ Scope of Work
The Security Coordintor is responsible for implementing the Security Policy. S/he is responsible to ensure all related security and Safety requirments, needs, and activities are in line with global War Child standards, local law, and War Child, donors' guidelines, regulations, and instructions.
The Security Coordinator is part of the Operations Department which supports the Program department, MEAL unit, Technical Unit, and the Country Director in implementing the required Secuirty and Safety needs, assessments, measures, activities, etc.
S/he should contribute to the development and improvement of the organization's plans, and reports, and to guide capacity building on technical areas for project staff.
This role includes a first-line supervisory position and the Security Ciirdinator is responsible for overseeing the daily work activities of the Security Officer.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility 1: Security, Safety Management and Implementation
100% of time
1. Acting the security focal point for the Country Office.
2. Management of the security portfolio of work for the War Child field offices and operations in oPt.
3. Minimise exposure to risk for WC operations in oPt.
4. Maintain proactive information flow to country director, CMT members, and line managers around key risks and mitigation strategies. Providing recommendations as required.
5. Constant monitoring of the security environment and adjustment of security plans, policies and SOPs in response.
6. Ensure all staff follow security SOPs.
7. Work with CD/Head of Operations to manage any security concerns related to staffing.
8. Update and improve core WC security plans, policies, contingency plans, SOPs.
9. Lead coordination of security risk assessments for new field locations, projects, and grants.
10. Maintain a high-quality incident reporting culture and system.
11. Maintain good relationships and information sharing with key security stakeholders in oPt.
12. Supporting setting up of new field offices as required.
13. Provide training to staff as required.
14. Conduct Security induction for new staff and visitors.
15. Ensure there is a monthly movement plan in place and update the movement tracker daily.
16. Ensure oPt team have access to real time security alerts.
17. Ensure all security applications are in working order as required.
18. Ensure preparedness of contingency kits, first aid kits, hibernation kits for evacuation and contingency plans in the field offices including but not limited to regular updates and checks on the above-mentioned kits.
19. Support each field office as required.
20. Collaborate with the different teams and line managers on relevant security matters.
21. Contribute to internal and external reporting on security related topics.
22. Work with the project teams to identify security needs and concerns.
23. Represent War Child in various internal and external working groups and relevant key contacts.
24. Collaborate with HR to ensure oPt team has valid/relevant permits to travel and/or work in the different areas in oPt.
25. Collaborate with security counterparts and peers from other INGOs.
26. Conduct field visits to support the teams in the field.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications / Education / Training
1. Relavent Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics, or a related field.
2. Additional relevant security management qualifications are an added value.
Experience & Skills
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, minimum of 2 years in a security related role.
1. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, minimum of 2 years in a security related role.
2. Demonstratable experience of the humanitarian environment. Particularly the emergency and recovery phases, related security concerns and building responses to them.
3. Demonstratable high level working knowledge of context analysis and the current environment in oPt.
4. Strong working knowledge of threat assessment, risk mitigation application and the ability to develop and work within an acceptance strategy.
5. Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping and analysis, and the coordination and writing of analytical security products and reports.
6. Strong overall capacity for analysis and ability to present complex information in a succinct format.
7. High level of competency in MS Office and skills in more advanced database and information management software desirable.
8. Fluency in Arabic and high-level English proficiency essential. Good working knowledge of Hebrew is a strong added value.
9. Maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality at all times.
10. Ability to identify needs/gaps and recommend solutions.
11. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
14. Cultural sensitivity
To apply please send your one-page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by November 30th, 2023, citing Security Coordinator in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential.”