War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. WCH strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people. War Child has been working in oPt since 2006, and in the Gaza Strip since 2009 supporting partner community-based organizations (CBOs) through capacity building, improvement of child safe spaces, and psychosocial support.
In support of the quality of its programs, War Child has developed an assessment tool to test the competences of practitioners working with children for the purpose to assist in the recruitment of service providers, evaluate and identify service providers’ training needs, and as a framework for providing structured and systematic supervision for service providers. In the meantime, War Child is intending to conduct a pilot testing of this tool with War Child facilitators implementing psychosocial interventions with children using the DEALs intervention methodology in the local community-based organizations.
War Child is seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the part-time (75%) position of a Research Officer to coordinate the research activities under the supervision of War Child’s Head of Research and Program Quality in the oPt during the period from December 2018 – April 2019.
Under the supervision of the Head of Research & Program Quality, the candidate is expected to:
- Develop a work plan of research activities within the proposed timeframe
- Coordinate all logistics of activities related to the implementation of the Common Competences Tool pilot study with community–based organizations, participants, and others stakeholders as required.
- Accurately document and securely save all collected data
- Report in an ongoing basis all the achievements and challenges to the supervisor
- Translate and type written material into English and vice versa as required
- Run data collection interviews and focus-group discussions with research participants
- Conduct other relevant research activities and duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master degree in psychology, education, social studies or other related fields
- Former experience (at least two years) in conducting and coordinating research activities, preferably with an INGO
- Fluency in English language skills- oral and written forms
- Proven interest in research work, especially in the field of psychology and education
- Good understanding of the local context
- Ability to use computer programs, including word & excel and preferably quantitative (SPSS) and qualitative data analysis programs.
- Punctuality, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested persons should send their CV and a letter of interest in this position showing their relevant experiences, their contact information, and two references to the e.mail: [email protected] no later than date: 20th November 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview.