LOCATION: Ramallah, the West Bank
LEVEL OF EFFORT: Eighty (80) days
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: o/a April 15, 2018 – o/a September 30, 2018
SUPERVISOR: Senior Renewable Energy Advisor
USAID’s Palestinian Energy Project (PEP) aims to advance the Palestinian energy sector to support affordable and sustainable energy independence in the West Bank. The project focuses to improve the Palestinian Authority’s efforts to modernize and diversify the Palestinian electricity sector. The project focuses on improving access to and reliability of electrical services and strategically incorporating renewable energy, which will increase the Palestinian Authority’s control of its electrical supply and improve affordability over time.
The Renewable Energy Program Coordinator will play a key role in building the Palestinian Authority (PA) energy sector institutional capacity to support increased clean energy generation and grid integration, and in promoting the benefits of solar photovoltaic electricity and/or other renewable energy generation through the development of sustainable pilot activities.
The Renewable Energy Program Coordinator will report to and work directly with the Senior Renewable Energy Advisor. He will also work with Communications and Outreach Specialist, and Chief of Party.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Senior Renewable Energy Advisor, assist with the implementation of renewable energy demonstration projects
- Assist in the EPC tendering process
- Effectively manage and monitor construction activities for multiple project sites
- Evaluate monthly contract reports to ensure adherence to project deadlines
- Assist the Senior Renewable Advisor with the feasibility and pre-tendering processes for selected renewable energy demonstration projects.
- A minimum of four years of relevant working experience in renewable energy with an outstanding record of accomplishment in the solar sector.
- Has a solid understanding of the processes, requirements and laws of all public entities (ministries, regulatory bodies, system operators) in relation to implementing all types of solar projects.
- A minimum of four years of work experience in the solar energy in the private sector.
- Experience in managing contractors to develop and install solar projects.
- A minimum of four years of experience in project management including tracking project key performance indicators (schedule, cost, quality, scope) and providing inputs/corrective action to ensure progress is according to plan
- A minimum of a BSc. Degree in Renewable Energy or a related field from an accredited university.
- Business proficiency, written and spoken, in English
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to
no later than March 15, 2018.
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.