AECOM International Development
Palestinian Energy Project
Contract No. AID-294 -TO- 16-00006
TITLE: Communications and Outreach Specialist
LOCATION: Ramallah, the West Bank
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: LTTA
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The USAID-funded Palestinian Energy Project (PEP) intends to support the Palestinian Authority’s efforts to modernize and diversify the Palestinian electricity sector. The project goal is to significantly advance the Palestinian energy sector to promote affordable and sustainable energy independence in the West Bank. The project focuses on improving electricity access and reliability by strategically incorporating Renewable Energy, which will increase Palestinian control of its electricity supply and improve affordability over time.
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and work closely with the project team and counterparts. This position will be based in Ramallah, West Bank. Some travel to project sites may be required.
The Communications and Outreach Specialist shall be an articulate and motivated individual . Working collaboratively with PEP project staff and counterparts, the Communications and Outreach Specialist will lead the planning and implementation of communications, reporting, public awareness, and media/public relations activities.
S/he will also support the preparation of progress reports and support training activities as required by the project.
- Serve as primary writer of content and create the layout for materials by leading contractual reporting efforts, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables.
- Oversee the compliance of and provide guidance to project staff, counterparts, etc. on the project’s Branding and Marking strategy and activities related to project outreach.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate events designed to promote the project activities, manage, and coordinate public relations and social media.
- Review and update the Project Communication Plan as needed.
- Provide quality control on all marketing materials, and other project outreach documents generated from the project office with particular emphasis on those going to USAID.
- Develop and maintain the program files contents for communication and outreach, as well as any social media documents, as appropriate.
- Attend meetings with client and project partners on an ad hoc basis regarding communications, outreach, PR, and media related issues, and USAID branding and marking guidelines.
- Provide technical direction to consultants and project staff, as required, with regard to desktop publishing, graphic design, and technical writing/editing.
- Assist PEP technical staff in enhancing communication standards and protocols between partners.
- Plan public outreach and awareness activities with the PEP renewable energy demonstration pilot projects.
- Work with senior program staff, beneficiaries and USAID’s communications staff to capture success stories.
- Review the project deliverables and publications for adherence to the USAID Branding Guidelines.
- Advise and work alongside team members on designing and implementing public awareness campaigns and communication tools dedicated to specific activities of the project.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief of Party.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field from an accredited University;
- Excellent oral and written English skills in technical reporting;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills required;
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and monitoring communication and outreach activities for a large-scale and complex international development program;
- Demonstrated experience providing in-depth quality advice on implementing and integrating communication and outreach practices in a developing country context; and
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience providing similar support
- Experience working with energy or experience in technical projects preferred; and
- Understanding of cross-cutting issues including communication and outreach inclusion
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample in English (not to exceed 5 pages) to [email protected] no later than November 14, 2018.
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.