AECOM International Development
Palestinian Energy Project
Contract No. AID-294 -TO- 16-00006
SCOPE OF WORK
The USAID Palestine Energy Project (PEP) aims to significantly advance the Palestinian energy sector to support affordable and sustainable energy independence in the West Bank with a focus on improving electricity access and reliability by strategically incorporating renewable energy (RE). This is a three-year project that commenced around September 2016 and expected to end around December 2019.
The Electrical Engineer will play a key role in supporting the technical team through the period of the project. He will perform activities in renewable energy, transmission and distribution systems by providing a deep understanding of power transmission and distribution. He will supervise on site construction and will support renewable energy developments.
AECOM / PEP is seeking a creative, highly talented Mid-level Electrical Engineer with 5+ years of design and projects experience in low and medium voltage systems, Control systems including SCADA, and smart metering. The successful candidate will coordinate and oversee design activities for electrical and control systems. The responsibilities of this position may entail some domestic travel to visit utility substation or other sites to perform surveys, technical assessments of existing and newly installed electrical systems and infrastructure. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Electrical design development from conceptual design through construction support for systems up to 33kV for utility distribution networks and solar generation plants
- Knowledge in metering and meter systems including codes, specification configuration and installation
- Work closely with other discipline Engineers, Designers and Project Managers as a key team player
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC procedures
- Assist in producing engineering deliverables (e.g., electrical diagrams and drawings, technical specifications, analysis and reports) in compliance with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices
- Managing contractors to ensure successful project implementation
Must Have Skills/Experience (Including any required Certifications):
- BS Engineering in Electrical degree
- English language proficiency level IV (Writing and speaking)
- Experience with a variety of computer aided design platforms including, AutoCAD and MicroStation for the production of contract documents
- Experience with power analysis software such as ETAP or SKM
- MS, MBA, Certified Energy Manager, PMP
- Experience with Lighting Design
- Familiarity with the IEC Electrical Codes
- Fire Alarm design experience
- SCADA design experience
This position is contingent on AECOM/PEP wining additional work from USAID.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than January 1, 2019.
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.