Contract No. : AID-294-TO-16-00006
TITLE: Program and Logistics Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Long Term Technical Assistance
USAID’s Palestinian Energy Project (PEP) aims to advance the Palestinian energy sector to support affordable and sustainable energy independence in the West Bank and Gaza. The project focuses to improve the Palestinian Authority’s efforts to modernize and diversify the Palestinian electricity sector. The project focuses on improving access to and reliability of electrical services by strategically incorporating renewable energy, which will increase the Palestinian Authority’s control of its electrical supply and improve affordability over time.
The Program and Logistics Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager. This position will be based in Ramallah, West Bank. Some travel to project sites may be required.
The field-based Program and Logistics Coordinator will assist in the efficient administration of the program, supporting all technical program areas and PEP’s operation team.
- Arrange all the logistical work for the program including preparing and facilitating trips and other arrangements for LTTAs and STTAs;
- Arrange all logistics needed for internal and external project events (including but not limited to meeting room reservations, equipment, table settings, invitations, food, etc.);
- Prepare and produce all necessary correspondence with hotel and/or other vendors for project events or staff;
- Oversee and control the program vehicle movements according to a daily calendar;
- Manage receipt and distribution of all domestic and foreign correspondence including international and domestic couriers;
- Maintain daily appointment schedule for PEP staff team;
- Support the Operations Manager in daily office management;
- Upload documentation into OneSource as needed;
- Provide secretarial assistance, including typing of documents and emails; copying documents; preparing and filing documents, back-up telephone duties; preparing and sending fax messages, etc.;
- Maintains current up to-date files of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, as well as reports and documents, in accordance with the Master Filing System;
- Tags and numbers all commodities purchased for the office and counterparts;
- Keep track of all training activities, attendance sheets, training materials and provide other related administrative services and support as requested by PEP staff.
- Acts as the petty cash custodian;
- Oversee staff safety, security protocols, and compliance with AECOM & USAID requirements;
- Support Operations Manager in ensuring compliance to USAID Mission Order 21 including but not limited to: collecting subcontractors and trainees’ vetting information, entering the information into Portal Vetting System, tracking vetting approvals and updating vetting tracker accordingly to monitor expiration date for purposes of re-vetting
- Assist in cataloguing, archiving and securing all project deliverables, interim reports, and other project related materials that are generated during the course of the project in close coordination with the Operations Manager and backup at the HO using OneSource;
- Support recruitment processes by posting and managing the postings for positions on relevant job boards; scheduling interviews for shortlisted candidates, and other activities as assigned;
- Assist the Operations Manager in the collection and filing of leave requests, paystubs and updating vacation tracker accordingly.
- Prepare office property receipts for staff onboarding and HR exit forms for resigned staff
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience providing similar support, preferably in an international office environment;
- Prior experience working on USAID projects is required;
- Demonstrated experience related to procurement and compliance under USAID rules and regulations;
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field;
- Proficient with computer applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and Arabic, as well as interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail is essential;
- Ability to work well in diverse teams but also productive working individually with minimum supervision;
- Well organized, strong analytical skills, creative thinker, innovative and demonstrated personal initiative.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than April 9, 2018.
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.