Union of Health Work Committees (UHWC) is grassroots, community based, Palestinian non-governmental, non-profit and the largest health organization in the Gaza Strip. It has been established in 1985 by a group of Palestinian doctors and health professionals seeking to supplement the decayed and inadequate health infrastructures caused by the years of Israeli occupation.
UHWC provides holistic health care to the population in Gaza Strip, with a focus on the most vulnerable marginalized sector of Palestinian society.
UHWC is currently seeking a public relation coordinator who will work under the direct supervision of the Projects Manager.
Location: UHWC Headquarter in Gaza City.
Contract period: 6 months (Full time).
Working hours: (7:30 AM to 2:30 PM) (Fridays are off)
Salary: 1500 NIS
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of policies to give a good picture of the organization to external bodies.
- Perform a good definition of the organization before the external bodies and the media.
- Organizing the celebrations.
- Supervising the reception of delegations of the organization and accompany them and accommodation and farewell at departure.
- Work on the implementation of the instructions for work under the supervision of the Projects Manager.
- Representing the organization before the bodies that are related to the nature of work.
- Responsible about the UHWC website and other social media.
- Contribute in preparing audio-visual reports about the organization activities in Arabic and English languages.
- Writing and editing news in Arabic and English languages, and publishing them through the UHWC's websites.
- Reporting about the organization activities.
- Any other tasks.
BA in Press and Media or Public Relations and Media.
At least 3 years experience in the field of work.
Essential skills and competencies:
- Full proficiency in the use of computer programs (Microsoft office).
- Speaks English language fluently.
- Effective internal and external communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents (Please bring original certificates to compare them with copies( to the Human Resources Department at UHWC HQ office at the following address:
Gaza City – Al Nasser – Al Maqousi area – opposite Al Maqousi mosque.
- Submission deadline is: Monday19, November 2018.
- Only shortlisted will be contacted.