“Project for Technical Assistance in Solid Waste Management in Palestine” is the techcnical cooperation project organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for supporting capacity development of Ministry of Local Government (MoLG) and relevant authority in solid waste management policies, standards, guidelines and plans which will be applied across Joint Service Councils (JSCs) in the West Bank and all over Palestine.
In the Project, JSCs are targeted for capacity strengthening program to equalize the level of SWM services by JSCs in Palestine. It consists of trainings and supporting activities on the ground such as improvements on waste collection and transportation, accounting and financing, public awareness, etc.
Objectives & Scope of Work:
See annex “Job Description”
Level of Effort & Contract duration
The level of effort required under this assignment is 5 working days per week, 7 hours per day, over time and holiday work may be required. The expected duration of the assignment is 11 Calendar Months.
The Expert must have the following qualifications as minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Media;
- Three years of experience in the field;
- Experience in Solid Waste Sector;
- Good computer skills specially using excel, word and power point;
- High skills in data analysis;
- Knowledge about the work in the Local Government;
- Fluent in communication, reading and writing in English and Arabic
- Under 40 years old
- 1st day of September, 2018
Submission of applications
Interested candidates are invited to send CV including three references (in English, maximum 3 pages) with cover letter (in English) to [email protected] no later than 25th August 2018 no later than 12:00 pm. Only shortlisted persons will be informed to proceed for interview.