Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Psychologist, Gaza Base (2 Positions)
Starting date: February 20th, 2020
Type: Full Time Contract
Duration: 9 Months / Possibility of Extension.
To Support MdM France mental Health Department in the Processes of Integrating Mental Health in Health Care activities.
- Implement and follow-up MHPSS projects activities of MdM France under supervision of MH Manager.
- Participate in capacity building activities for MdM France`s governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Implement technical supervision and follow-up activities for medical and non-medical MHPSS Teams.
- Participate in the process of designing emergency response methodologies, field activities, preparedness and response plans.
- Participate in the process of creating, capacitating, supervising and monitoring MHPSS teams and focal points under supervision and delegation by direct supervisor.
- Participate in defining, communicating and reporting plans and pathways for field activities.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of project activities if requested by the direct supervisor.
- Assess training needs of MdM France partners and assist in organizing and providing MHPSS trainings accordingly in coordination with MH Manager.
- Provide MHPSS technical supervision and follow-up for trained medical and non-medical, Specialised and non-Specialised teams.
- Provide structured technical support related to GBV case`s MHPSS needs
- Provide structured Technical information on case management for MHPSS cases.
- Provide structured information on referral pathways and networking for MHPSS and GBV Cases
- Participate in specific & relevant meetings under the delegation of direct supervisor.
- Prepare for trainings (define training needs, topics, agendas, needs, attendance sheets, pre-post-tests, banner.)
- Create training Materials
- Implement MHPSS training sessions to beneficiaries from other projects such as emergency preparedness and sexual and reproductive health projects
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology/ Psychological Counseling and Post Graduate Degree in Mental Health (or Master`s Degree in community Mental Health with at least 2 years of Mental Health Experience after the master’s degree)
- Experience in detection and Management of Mental Health Conditions in Health care settings
- Good Knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & MH GAP Guidelines
- Experience in MHPSS training
- Experience in work with NGO`s & INGOs.
- Capacity to organize & conduct workshops & trainings.
- Good supervision & reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to:
Please reference the job title as MDM/ Psychologist /GZA/2020 in the subject line of your Email.
Dead line for receiving the application is Thursday 30th of January 2020
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the consultancy will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with any governmental or non-governmental structure will not be selected.
(Unpaid leaves will not be considered)
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.