Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Psychiatrist, Gaza Base (Service Contract)
Starting date: August 26th, 2019.
Type: Service Contract (Consultant).
Duration: 3 months
Assist MdM France Mental Health Department in Gaza to achieve the Piloting of Mental Health Integration in Al Aqsa General Hospital Emergency Department.
The focus of this consultancy is to create specific protocols for Common Mental Health Conditions in the Emergency Department of General Hospital.
- A specific list of “Common” Mental Health Presentations in the Emergency Department will be provided.
- Each protocol will have a flow-chart with clear, short, direct, understandable and applicable steps.
- Each protocol will have a narrative with details including the definition of the condition, criteria, severity scale, management steps, role and responsibilities expected from the medical, para-medical and MHPSS Teams
The Psychiatrist (MH Doctor) will be required to prepare the required materials and reporting them to MdM Mental Health Manager. The Psychiatrist will be expected to implement his/ her tasks externally but should be available for technical follow-up meetings in MdM Office in Gaza at least once per week under the direct supervision of MdM MH Manager.
- The Consultant will be required to commit to contract requirements based upon this ToR`s.
- The Consultant will be expected to work collaboratively with MdM MH Teams, and Aqsa Hospital Teams (if needed)
- The Consultant will be required to commit to MdM Action Plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Medical Dr. with Mental Health experience or Psychiatrist with considerable experience working in general hospitals specifically the Emergency Room.
- Excellent Knowledge of MH Gap Guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of Common MH needs in Emergency Rooms of General Hospitals.
- Considerable experience in providing MH Trainings (including training for medical teams on the integration of MH in medical facilities)
- Previous work experience with international organizations
- Knowledge of MHPSS international guidelines
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- To be able to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to:
The eligible consultant should submit separate technical and Financial Offers in separated sealed envelopes
Please reference the job title as MDM/ Psychiatrist Consultant /GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email.
- The contractor should ensure his communications, Transportations, stationery, laptop, and all possible unforeseen tools need.
- This is an external service which is task-based. The consultant will be required to present at MdM Office in Gaza once per week for a technical meeting (2-3 hours)
- This contract applies only to individual applications, not for companies.
Deadline for receiving the application is Thursday, August 8th, 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the consultancy will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest in MDM.