Union of Health Work Committees (UHWC) is grassroots, community based, Palestinian non-governmental, non-profit and the largest health organization in the Gaza Strip. It has been established in 1985 by a group of Palestinian doctors and health professionals seeking to supplement the decayed and inadequate health infrastructures caused by the years of Israeli occupation.
UHWC provides holistic health care to the population in Gaza Strip, with a focus on the most vulnerable marginalized sector of Palestinian society.
UHWC is currently seeking a Projects Coordinator who will work under the direct supervision of the Projects Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate projects activities.
- Monitor projects progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports (narrative and financial).
- Communication and coordination with the project team, local partners and donor.
- Conducting field visits to the project location and the targeted areas.
- Participating in the procurement committees.
- Conducting assessment and evaluation focus groups with the targeted groups.
- Using and filling projects templates.
- Supporting UHWC to develop projects proposals and submit grants applications.
- Attending relevant external and internal meetings/workshops.
- Review the work completed with the projects team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the projects standards.
- In addition to any other tasks.
- At least a BA degree in Humanitarian science, administrative science or any relevant field.
- Courses in project management.
- Courses in writing project proposal.
- Courses in Gender and Gender based violence.
- Courses in life skills.
- At least five years practical experience in the area of project management, writing project proposal and fundraising.
Essential skills and competencies:
- Excellent professional and technical writing and reporting skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Active in exploring new external relationships.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Team work and working under pressure.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- High level command of English language (Speaking, reading and writing).
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents to the Human Resources Department at UHWC HQ office at the following address:
Gaza City – Al Nasser – Al Maqousi area – opposite Al Maqousi mosque.- Submission deadline is: Monday 6th, August 2018.
- Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Union of Health Work Committees - UHWC