Internal & External Advert
Project Support Officer/ Compliance
40 hrs per week – 6 months (Possible of Renewing)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in Gaza
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references. The Role
Purpose of the job:
Manage the World Food Program (WFP), in-kind food distribution activity that is implemented in partnership with MA’AN Development Centre in the Gaza Strip through; developing and tracking work/distribution plan and follow up delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability activities, to deliver high quality programming to target beneficiaries
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Project Implementation and Compliance (60%)
• Support project partner in the day to day implementation of the in-kind activity including: providing technical assistance in the aspects of project cycle management through design, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting – using Oxfam and WFP best practice and applying learning from previous experience.
• Manage the warehouses selection and preparation process and oversee management of food stock with MA’AN
• Ensure that health and safety measures are in place and followed in all warehouses within the overall distribution chain
• Ensure that all technical work carried out as part of Oxfam programme meet the required standards and follows approved procedures Oxfam and WFP
• Prepare field reports, internal correspondence and WFP formal reports (form F and C) considering the challenges, and lessons learnt.
• Prepare with MA’AN cycle/distribution plan to WFP
• Receive and manage the direct feedback from field monitors on complaints/inquiries in close coordination with Saving lives MEAL officer and WFP focal point
• Receive beneficiary requests to change category through MA’AN project officer when it is relevant and the and report to WFP with updated beneficiaries list
• Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues.
• In liaison with FSVL Manager, project support officer will represent Oxfam to other NGO’s, INGOs and local authorities where relevant.
• In collaboration with Oxfam MEAL officer, MA’AN project Officer and FSVL Manager, conduct project review workshops and learning events
• Liaise with Oxfam programme support functions (Finance, Logistics, HR) regarding support to project partners.
• Assist in collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
• Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
• Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Partner Management (30%)
• Working closely with the Partner designated staff and MEAL teams to ensure work is carried out according to agreements, WFP guidelines and Oxfam guidelines
• In coordination with the line manager build the partner’s project team capacity where necessary through providing directly, or organizing, training in relevant areas of weakness (financial, logistical, funding and project cycle management).
• At project start, organize training of warehouses staff on protection/gender minimum standards etc in liaison with WFP. (in addition to WFP standard guidelines, provide additional orientation based on Oxfam best practices.
• Monitoring achievement of agreed partner milestones using agreed work-plans.
• Making recommendations to improve qualitative performance of partner team and monitoring implementation of these recommendations by partners.
External Coordination and Donor Relations (10%)
• Coordinate internally and with WFP on receiving goods and donor visits
• Support the line manager to maintain contacts and relations with key players including other agencies, donors, local authorities, CBOs and beneficiaries.
• Support identification of new priority areas and activities.
• Organize and participate in internal and external coordination meetings related to the role, as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or any other related field
• At least 3 years of experience in the food aid sector
• Demonstrated proven experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation working in international or local NGOs in the field food aid.
• Ability to manage complex workload and meet deadlines
• Experience in developing programme monitoring and evaluation systems, in promoting ongoing learning and in matching learning and outcome/ impact assessment to strategy and decision making.
• Experience in working closely with local partner organisations and stakeholders throughout a programme cycle.
• Ability to draft good quality short reports in English and Arabic
• Sound understanding of project cycle in humanitarian & development contexts and experience of administering project and programme management tools.
• Positive attitude and excellent team worker
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
• Prior experience in managing in-kind food distribution
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills, with a good level of self-awareness, and the ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
• Excellent command over written and spoken English and Arabic
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Good skills in using MS Office and data analysis tools
• Have basic knowledge of how feedback mechanisms work
• Commitment to the beliefs, aims and objectives of Oxfam
• Willingness to learn new ideas, skills, approaches
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range 92,826 – 117,180 ILS gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking on Apply now button - below by no later than January 30th 2019.