Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society and based on the real and active participation of beneficiaries specially the youth, children and vulnerable groups.
As part of its emergency response endeavor, LHA in partnership with Mercy Corps will implement a project that aims to support vulnerable households to improve access to food and other essential basic needs and restore livelihood capacities in the immediate aftermath of the May 2021 escalation in hostilities. This project will build upon Mercy Corps’ current oPt-HF funded cash project to further respond to urgent crisis-emerged needs and continually increasing needs amongst targeted vulnerable groups, whose situation has been exacerbated by recent conflict.
Within this project LHA is recruiting candidates (Based on availability of funding) for the following position:
Position Title: Project Officer – Full time
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Reports to: Program Officer
Period: 5 Months
- Maintain overall overview of project in relation to achievements, procedures and timeframes to ensure achieving targeted outputs.
- Supervision and lead the team involved in the program activities.
- Ensure that all project activities are in accordance with budget lines and tracking the financial expenses.
- Provide logistic and technical support in implementing the project plan.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of project activities on ground.
- Need assessment and provide direct technical support to the staff of engineers, researchers and enumerators.
- Follow up feedback and response mechanism system to solve and close complaints.
- Document project success stories.
- Prepare regular briefings and reports to direct supervisor, and keeps accurate data of all project information.
- Take part in regular team, program and staff meetings.
- Ensure full cooperation/coordination with Mercy Corps and local community.
- Document all activities of the program and maintain an efficient program filing system including all program related documents.
- Participate in closing the project and AAR workshops.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the project period.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business Administration, Development or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring projects and programs.
- Work experience in projects management related agriculture sector and food security.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good Monitoring and Evaluation skills.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Understanding of protection in humanitarian context.
- A resident of North/ Gaza governorate.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than 04:00 PM, July 4, 2021.
- Any incomplete submission will not be considered
- LHA is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.