UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: 6 months with the possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Only candidates entitled to work in Palestine can apply.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST:
Under the overall supervision and functional authority of the Head of UNESCO Ramallah, and direct supervision of the Head of Education Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for providing professional and technical support, research, knowledge management and partnership building to implement education activities in Palestine, in particular in areas of TVET and digital education and the Project on Developing Digital skills and Education for Sustainable Development through Distance Learning in Palestine – Phase I. The incumbent will perform the following:
1. Programme and Project Contribution
- Contribute to project design and development.
- Prepare detailed work plans, task descriptions, budgets and output indicators.
- Review and identify areas for improved programme and project alignment with UNESCO, national, regional and global Education goals (e.g. SDG4 and Education for Sustainable Development).
- Oversee implementation, identify constraints and propose measures to improve operations and delivery of project outputs in Palestine.
- Provide substantive logistical and administrative support to project implementation, consultations, meetings, events and missions.
- Facilitate close working relationships and exchanges with UNESCO Headquarters, UNESCO Arab Regional Bureau for Education in Beirut, UNESCO national Institutes, line ministries, National Commission for UNESCO, education stakeholders and networks for project design, development and implementation and reporting.
- May act as a lead worker with project consultants and other service providers, and local staff following through on the dissemination of project results.
- Monitor programme implementation and outputs, as assigned, ensuring that UNESCO's work is implemented in a timely, coherent and integrated manner.
- Provide input to the preparation of reports on programme implementation and other briefings.
- Participate in education-related working groups and task forces and joint UN programming planning and implementation, as well as in other joint collaboration with development partners and stakeholders, through identifying and/ or concretizing joint programming opportunities.
- Research and Knowledge Management, Public Information
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of national policies, strategies, and plans of action, especially related to TVET and distance learning, and maximize the use of this knowledge in the design of locally delivered activities.
- Conduct situational analysis and research, compile data and inputs to concept notes, publications, briefings. Analyze best practices and trends to contribute to the knowledge base.
- Contribute to public information and outreach tasks, writing, inputting to social media, hosting information points, facilitating exchanges/ meetings.
- Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- Build partnerships with stakeholders, in particular with national authorities, the private sector, civil society, NGOs and multilateral organizations.
- Prepare input to UN development planning processes,
- Analyze and compile data for potential partnership opportunities. Identify opportunities for increased collaboration and propose projects to complement the UNESCO action for consideration.
- Contribute to resource mobilization by contributing to the development of concept notes and project proposals and identifying opportunities for UNESCO’s intervention.
- Liaise with colleagues within the Sector and in other Sectors, at UNESCO Ramallah, Headquarters, Category I Institutes in Education, and other stakeholders to discuss developments and to collect information on education initiatives, baselines, and impact measurements in order to establish synergies with activities in Palestine.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of education, social sciences, socio-economic studies or another related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in coordinating and managing education projects at national level in particular related to TVET and/or digital learning.
- Experience in the UN System or an intergovernmental organization, preferably in the field of education in Palestine.
- Working experience in Palestine is desirable.
- Experience using IT knowledge management and reporting tools.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة