UNESCO - NON-STAFF CONSULTANT
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidate entitled to work in Palestine can apply
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
In April 2012, UNESCO and the Government of Sweden signed an agreement to implement a project entitled: “Local Development through the Rehabilitation and Revitalization of the Historic Environment in Palestine”, aiming to improve the quality of living conditions of the marginalized communities through the rehabilitation and revitalization of cultural heritage sites and historic urban centers.
The project is implemented in partnership with four local cultural heritage organizations: Riwaq Center for Architectural Conservation, Centre for Cultural Heritage Preservation, the Old City of Jerusalem Revitalization Program, the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee, and the Palestinian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities. During its implementation, the project contributed to the rehabilitation of 75 historic building and urban sites in the Palestine in addition numerous other related activities.
UNESCO National Office for Palestine would like to produce a video on the project experience and shed light on the main accomplishments that were achieved throughout the lifespan of the project since its commencement in 2012.
UNESCO Ramallah Office is seeking the expertise of a creative individual to plan and produce a video on the project experience using/guided by its several components including rehabilitated built heritage public urban spaces, community services provided (learning facilities/community and women support centers/health care and cultural services), Job creation, production of knowledge (books and studies), awareness-raising and others.
The duration of the video shall not be more than 5 minutes and must present the project’s ideas and accomplishments in an innovative manner.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in photography and video production.
- Proven experience in video production. (sample works are requested).
- Ability to present creative and innovative concepts.
- Integrity, reliability and sense of commitment in the execution of duties.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Computer Literacy: video producing and video editing software.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic (written and oral).
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the CLT_CN_10262. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
Interested candidates should submit their application online and attach under the “Employment History Form” section the following documents in one combined file:
- An up-to-date CV stating details of educational qualifications, work experience, including prior experience of similar work.
- A technical proposal presenting the storyboard of the video and the implementation method, including a timeframe of actions.
- A financial proposal with budget breakdown.
- Link to video production samples
The application should be done through Success Factor only. In case you are unable to attach the required documents in the system, please contact us at [email protected] indicating in the mail subject “CLT SIDA Photographer and video Producer”