Job Title: Project Assistant
Only candidates entitled to work in Palestine can apply.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support to implement education activities in Palestine. Under the overall authority of Director and the direct supervision of the Education Programme Specialist and Project Officer, the incumbent will support implementation of project activities with the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in preparing, planning, implementing and following-up on national activities, workshops, and trainings by initiating a variety of contractual documents including preparing draft contracts’ terms of references and purchase requisitions in accordance with instructions and using UNESCO’s automated financial management systems.
- Assist in project’s administration including estimating costs and preparing detailed budgets and contracts for projects’partners and contractors. Track, retrieve, research files, reports, other records and past practices. Ensure regular contacts with partners and contractors’ including from the Government, NGO, International Organization, private sector and civil society to implement the activities
- Prepare draft minutes, activity reports and monitor follow-up activities and contractors’ deliveries and reporting, assist in verifying conformity of deliverables and prepare payment requests, follow-up financial settlement of all expenses
- Provide a full range of routine services in accordance with UNESCO standard office procedures including maintaining/updating projects’ documentation and records, research, and track background information and documentation, handling in-coming and out-going correspondences, drafting letters and reports.
- Assist in the compilation, consolidation, translation and preparation of activity descriptions, reports, papers, concept notes, invitations, and other materials, by conducting research and providing initial drafts and language editing.
- Assist with communication and information management activities, including preparing press release, website and social media items.
- Contribute to the implementation of other education programme tasks.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in project management assistance and/or administrative tasks or related areas.
- Good organizational, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills, including an ability to prepare and present information concisely
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities to provide quality and timely support and services; capacity to work effectively under pressure.
- Discretion, good sense of judgement and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work in a team and to maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and Arabic.
Post-secondary courses/certificates/degrees in accountancy, finance, administration and/or project management.
Experience in the UN System or the other international organization.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة