Doctors Worldwide Turkey (DWWT) is an international humanitarian aid organization which serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
DWWT is seeking for Project Officer to work within (Medical Home Services project- MHS) to provide a high-level coordination and organizational support to the project coordinator and to plan and coordinate project activities, including scheduling, reporting and document control.
DWWT encourages candidates to apply for this job vacancy to be then included in its team working in Palestine.
S/he will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator
Job Title: Project Officer
Department/Country: Gaza Office / Palestine
Position Type: Full-Time (100%) Fixed Term with possibility for extension
Job Location: Gaza Office
Conditions of Employment:
Duration: 12 months with possibility for extension (2 months probation period).
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task and check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Project Coordinator;
- Participate to the drafting of work plans, budgets, procurement, and monitoring plans as well as necessary updates;
- Supports the monitoring of the implementation of the plans;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in supervising the overall project team and ensure close collaboration with the administrative team;
- Assist the Project Coordinator for implementation of the project according to the project proposal including budget monitoring of activities;
- Assist in managing a budget to ensure that the budget line items are expended as per approved budget;
- Liaise with external parties and local authorities to facilitate project implementation and process;
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on project achievements and the project activities to the project coordinator;
- Responsible for day to day project correspondence, information sharing, appropriate follow-up, and assist in preparing evaluation reports;
- Coordinate and oversee the day to day implementation of the project process in the absence of the project coordinator;
- Assist the project coordinator to ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed;
- Assist the project coordinator in project monitoring and preparation of ToR for engagement of contracted staff for the need for implementation of the project;
- In collaboration with MEAL team, assist in the development of MEAL plan and tools, ensuring adequate Monitoring, evaluation, Accountability (to beneficiaries and donors) and Learning activities are implemented.
- Conduct field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets and up to quality standards.
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Coordinate with Ministery of Health.
- Represent DWWT wherever necessary, including via media programs, via interviews, participate in collaborative meetings with government and other partners, workshops, and conferences.
- Ensure that all confidentiality and the right of privacy is maintained with regard to confidential beneficiary and project information;
- Ensure adequate filing for the entire project documents.
- Abide by DWWT codes of conduct;
- Perform any other duties as assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration or any related field, background in health field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of practical experience with NGOs/INGOs as project officer.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of health for an INGO preferred.
- Experience in the writing of donor’s reports and proposals. experience in fundraising and donor management an asset.
- Experience in supervising staff is required.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal, intermediate level of Turkish is preferred.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Professional reporting skills in English.
- Professional communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Professional representation skills.
- Strong leadership and facilitation capacity.
- Budgeting and financial management skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Team worker with ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of humanitarian aid.
Qualified candidates can send their CV along with Cover letter in English to the following email [email protected]
The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Project Officer.
Deadline for submitting applications is 4:00 PM on 12 December 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with any governmental or non-governmental structure will not be selected.
Phone inquiries about the recruitment will not be answered.